Hate when the screen turns on when getting a text...

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Handcent SMS

I'm fairly certain GO SMS and Chomp SMS can do this too.

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you have to do in messaging is go to settings , and turn off the notifications at the bottom ...gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
If you have any sort of security enabled the screen turns on for like 5 or 10 seconds then turns back off since the text message doesn't actually unlock the phone.

I agree it's annoying - I'm used to my BB making the notification sound + vibrate + LED but screen stays off. However it hasn't been anything more than an unnecessary slight battery drain, I guess.

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Handcent SMS

I'm fairly certain GO SMS and Chomp SMS can do this too.

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2
I LOVED Go SMS on my EVO, but on the S III, it doesn't pull in all of my contacts picture like the stock SMS app does.

I hope Go addresses this in a future version.

worm306

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I found the only way to get it to work is to use syncmypix and then set your default image on your contact to be the google account image. Also make sure that you dont have any contacts on your sim card. I had some and for some reason gosms would use them as the default contact image.

No idea why it has this issue but i assume some permission issue.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's what I had to do as well. There was no way I could find in the stock app to turn it off and it was driving me nuts.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's what I had to do as well. There was no way I could find in the stock app to turn it off and it was driving me nuts.

Yeah totally agree. Going to go ahead and download GOSMS until this issue is (hopefully) resolved - as in Samsung giving us the option to turn it on/off.

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand big companies who put out a product missing such basic features. What this tells me is not a single moronic beta tester / programmer said "Hmm, we should include an option toggle for the screen being turned on when a text message is received."
This feature IMO does nothing but drain the battery. I like the feature, but I would have liked it even more with a setting toggle so I can choose when to turn it on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2