Which Launcher?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I just tried multiple widgets and they work fine on my phone using the paid version of Apex. I can't explain why you're getting that message.

I think it only does that for rooted phones with the free version. Regular phones you need the paid version. I am also getting the message with the free version

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I think it only does that for rooted phones with the free version. Regular phones you need the paid version. I am also getting the message with the free version

It reads as though it's a limitation of the app, not a matter of free vs. paid. However, I did notice in the beta version that it says the issue is fixed, but for JB only. I'm not sure if he has a beta or if the paid version has some of the fixes...and then there's the JB only statement...

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm confused about the launchers. If I choose an alternate launcher does that mean I lose the motion features of the phone like Smart Dial, Smart Stay, all that stuff and access to S Memo, S Planner etc? And the widgets..

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused about the launchers. If I choose an alternate launcher does that mean I lose the motion features of the phone like Smart Dial, Smart Stay, all that stuff and access to S Memo, S Planner etc? And the widgets..
You will lose some Touchwiz widgets but in my opinion there are much better ones available in the Market.
Everything else stays as far as I know.

10-8-enroute

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Without a doubt Nova launcher is what has worked best for me. I tried most of the launchers, Apex, Go, and so on. Plus if you use their add-on, Tesla unread, you can get number notification alerts for gmail, sms, mms, and missed calls. It is a slim, non bloated launcher and I really like being able to hide all the junk-ware from the app drawer. Plus, I have downloaded a number of high resolution icons from Google images and have set up some pretty cool desktop screens on my GSIII.

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
can't do it either, I tried it with the paid version.

You have to use the APEX add widget function which is part of the long press on an empty part of the page command. From the APEX add widget you can pick the widget you want but you do not get a preview like you get from the ICS App page.

Mike

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Does the paid version of nova allow you to rotate the home screen? I can do that with free version of apex

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
FYI - I had "Launcher Pro" on my Droid X and you had to clear all screens of widgets before running a launcher otherwise they stay active and drain your battery. So make sure to clear all widgets from your screens before installing a new launcher.

***Did not read thru this whole thread so my apologies if it has already been mentioned.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Does the paid version of nova allow you to rotate the home screen? I can do that with free version of apex

In Nova: nova settings / look and feel / screen orientation -> can be: default, auto rotate, force portrait, force landscape.

This is not listed as a "prime" feature so I assume it's available in the free version?

Reactions: johnj2803

drakefm

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Newbie here, but do Launchers require rooting? If not, how do you uninstall it - because from what I know so far (a little, sorry!), you need to root it in order to uninstall it?

I just want to see what it's like without diving into the whole rooting thing just yet.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Newbie here, but do Launchers require rooting? If not, how do you uninstall it - because from what I know so far (a little, sorry!), you need to root it in order to uninstall it?

I just want to see what it's like without diving into the whole rooting thing just yet.

No, they don't require root. Just download from the play store :)

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

No root required. It's a totally simple and unobtrusive process. You can uninstall it like any other app, at any time, and your Touchwiz will be back the way it was before. Actually, Touchwiz never goes away, the new launcher just sits on top of it and Touchwiz is minimized in the background, so to speak.

At any point while using another launcher you can switch back and forth between Touchwiz. I actually have Apex and Nova installed on my phone right now and can switch between the 3 of them at will.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
In Nova: nova settings / look and feel / screen orientation -> can be: default, auto rotate, force portrait, force landscape.

This is not listed as a "prime" feature so I assume it's available in the free version?

Got it thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995