Home screens... Let's see what you got.

paulyb37

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
how do i make text folder icons bigger bro?
are folder icons limited to 1x1?

That's the problem I still haven't solved and yes I think folder icons are limited. There has to be a way! Text icons are working beautifully but need work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there an option or app that will save settings and whatever else so that I can change around my custom themes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

root then use titanium or mybackup pro to save apps and their settings mate :)

EDIT: sorry i read u wrong mate.
you mean to save homescreen setups so u can go back to one you liked at any time?
id like to know that too. theres an app for go launcher that backs up multiple set-ups but it obviously cant restore the settings of your widgets.
wish there was one for any launcher

EDIT i just noticed when you back up on Nova, it assigns a date so maybe you can backup multiple different set ups?

EDIT yup Nova does it but it doesnt restore the wallpaper you were using.
theres spaces where the widgets were and you tap to restore them.
it remembered my clock widget settings but not my bit of text at the bottom :(
it restores folders, icons etc :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Last edited:

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
can u take a pic of the amber brown for us mate?
havent seen it in real life :)

is it just me who has to look through metrostation 5 times to find an icon i KNOW is there lol??
do u know if you long-press the icon it goes rainbow colour btw (know it wouldnt suit your setup)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

I second that, I was curious to see as well. IVAN14, I hope you dont mind I took the liberty to do a mock-up to satisfy my curiosity....

ACAmber.jpg

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there a thread on Android Central that permits members to post design questions about how to customize their home pages, and people would post suggestions? If not, I'll start one.

Sent from my GT-I9300

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Honestly there are enough designs dug drop in this thread that you can quote and inquire. More ideas are great

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there a thread on Android Central that permits members to post design questions about how to customize their home pages, and people would post suggestions? If not, I'll start one.

Sent from my GT-I9300

good idea mate, although it would probably end up a clone of this thread when U (just for you) think about it ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I second that, I was curious to see as well. IVAN14, I hope you dont mind I took the liberty to do a mock-up to satisfy my curiosity....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/QDigga/ACAmber.jpg

nice one, id like to see one under normal lighting conditions etc just to get a "feel" for the colour :)
slate grey should be beautiful...

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Haha I like the metro look you have there. Were you inspired by the surface tablet or did you come from a Windows phone?

dmbanahan

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I just like the look of the Surface UI so I tried to emulate that, but with a little bit of a Google spin. I was kind of aiming to mix the metro style with Google's design style.

Most icons were grabbed from here: Metro UI Dock Icon Set - 678 Icons by ~dAKirby309 on deviantART

Desktop VisualizeR to make each icon bigger than normal by turning each app into a widget.

Nova launcher with a grid setting of 6 rows and 4 columns

SiMi Clock for the clock

Beautiful Weather Widgets

Simple Calendar

That's pretty much it. If anyone has any specific question on how to do something just shout. Hope that helped.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I just like the look of the Surface UI so I tried to emulate that, but with a little bit of a Google spin. I was kind of aiming to mix the metro style with Google's design style.

Most icons were grabbed from here: Metro UI Dock Icon Set - 678 Icons by ~dAKirby309 on deviantART

Desktop VisualizeR to make each icon bigger than normal by turning each app into a widget.

Nova launcher with a grid setting of 6 rows and 4 columns

SiMi Clock for the clock

Beautiful Weather Widgets

Simple Calendar

That's pretty much it. If anyone has any specific question on how to do something just shout. Hope that helped.

do you know a way to make folder icons bigger mate. so far i can only get them 1x1 (Nova)

calisota

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
After lurking here for quite a while and being constantly amazed by the work I started to play around, read and learn from the thread. I started with trying to re-create the work of others but have now had my first attempt at something from scratch.

Nova Launcher
Wallpaper here
UCCW
"Phone", "Email" etc icons by me.

Tap the compass to open google Now.
Tap the calipers to toggle the notification bar.
Tap the lion at the bottom of the map to open a folder of frequent apps.
Battery level showing on the scroll bottom left.

s3screen.png

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
After lurking here for quite a while and being constantly amazed by the work I started to play around, read and learn from the thread. I started with trying to re-create the work of others but have now had my first attempt at something from scratch.

Nova Launcher
Wallpaper here
UCCW
"Phone", "Email" etc icons by me.

Tap the compass to open google Now.
Tap the calipers to toggle the notification bar.
Tap the lion at the bottom of the map to open a folder of frequent apps.
Battery level showing on the scroll bottom left.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag41/calisotanz/s3screen.png

That is beautiful

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams