Landscape view and sunglasses

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
On my current device, an HTC Desire, when I turn my phone to landscape mode the screen goes dark when trying to view through sunglasses.

Does this still happen with the SG3?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just used my GSIII this morning with my polarized sunglasses on. There is a very slight reduction in light transmission when switching from portrait to landscape, but the phone is still fully useable in either direction.

-Suntan

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I was going to bring up the polarized sunglasses possibility. I have no problem at all viewing my S3 with polarized sunglasses on though.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I would say it is a bit more more than slight difference with polarized sunglasses on. I cannot really see anything outside or in the car with sunglasses on. I only keep my brightness at 35%.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I would say it is a bit more more than slight difference with polarized sunglasses on. I cannot really see anything outside or in the car with sunglasses on. I only keep my brightness at 35%.

I was talking about the *difference* in light transmission when compared to portrait and landscape. Both with polarized sunglasses on. The difference in transmission between landscape and portrait is slight. I wasn't talking about the difference between sunglasses off and sunglasses on.

Obviously, if your sunglasses are tinted heavily enough to block the light coming in, then you're going to have to take them off to use the phone or increase the screen brightness... :confused:

-Suntan

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

I have always found it annoying on my soon to be old device that, even with brightness set to 100%, switching to landscape with sunglasses on made the display "disappear".

As long as it is at least still visible, that will be nice. I understand having to take a bit of a hit, but not a full on "black out".

Then again, maybe I should also get a nice pair of sunglasses.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01