S3 Bluetooth Does NOT Auto Connect to Car

FishMeetFish

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I had a Droid X and every time I enter into my car, bluetooth automatically connects.

Now I have a S3. I was able to pair it to my car. But I haven't been able to get it to automatically connects to my car just like my Droid X did. Bluetooth is always on on my S3.

In order to connect to my car, I have to toggle off bluetooth on my phone, then toggle it back on again, then go to bluetooth setting and manually connect. Once I shut off the car, I have to repeat this process again.

This is incredibly annoying. :(

I have the Verizon version of the S3 if that makes any difference.

Does anyone know how to get it automatically reconnect? Am I the only one here having this problem?

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
It works fine in my 2011 Camry hybrid. I do have issues over which app has priority over Bluetooth streaming. It always defaults to the music player...

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried repairing it? I'm using a 2012 sienna and auto connect is fine.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

geddylou

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here. I just got VZW S3 and it does not auto connect to my 12 Nissan Maxima. My previous phone was a Galaxy Nexus and it worked flawlessly.

I fear this won't be corrected until an OTA Update gets pushed. I have been on the phone with VZW and Sammy but they were not much help. They suggested a Factory Reset but since I have seen this issue being reported by more than a few people I have to believe it is a software issue.

Kinda wish I kept my Galaxy Nexus. It worked great and will be getting Jellybean 4 months before the S3 does.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and mine connects to a 2011 and 2012 Acura respectively with no problems. I haven't had any BT issues and I use BT a lot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

npompei

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't "auto" connected but I just setup my S3 in my 2011Frontier, no problems. But I am using an NFC tag - that way I don't have to have BT running all the time. I stuck my tag on my car dock - voila, BT on and other actions. Works great.

Maybe for your time being, use an NFC tag?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

FishMeetFish

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't "auto" connected but I just setup my S3 in my 2011Frontier, no problems. But I am using an NFC tag - that way I don't have to have BT running all the time. I stuck my tag on my car dock - voila, BT on and other actions. Works great.

Maybe for your time being, use an NFC tag?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the suggestion, but I guess NFC won't work for me. I don't use a car dock. I don't pull out my phone every time I get into my car. That's why I always have bluetooth on. My old phone automatically connects so there was really no need to touch my phone.

MantisSD

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. The only way I can get it to connect is if i delete it from my car, unpair it, and then redo everything over again. Once I open my door and restart the stereo it will not auto connect again even if i try to manually connect it, it still doesn't work. I also have the verizon version. Hope some one figures out how to fix this or there is a update to fix.

FishMeetFish

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. I just got VZW S3 and it does not auto connect to my 12 Nissan Maxima. My previous phone was a Galaxy Nexus and it worked flawlessly.

I fear this won't be corrected until an OTA Update gets pushed. I have been on the phone with VZW and Sammy but they were not much help. They suggested a Factory Reset but since I have seen this issue being reported by more than a few people I have to believe it is a software issue.

Kinda wish I kept my Galaxy Nexus. It worked great and will be getting Jellybean 4 months before the S3 does.

So far it looks like only Verizon version has this bluetooth auto connection problem.

T_Virus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
my s3 32gb bluetooth works on my 2012 honda civic si sedan and i am on Verizon. As long as I have the s3's bluetooth set on, the moment i start my car, it connects.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
my s3 32gb bluetooth works on my 2012 honda civic si sedan and i am on Verizon. As long as I have the s3's bluetooth set on, the moment i start my car, it connects.

It looks like you have to have your phone on, not screen timeout, to get it to automatically connect to bluetooth. I still have more research to do on this. When the phone asks if it can download contacts to your car, make sure you check off, DO NOT ASK AGAIN. Good luck. Post solutions.

Reactions: FishMeetFish

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So far it looks like only Verizon version has this bluetooth auto connection problem.
So far I haven't had any problem with my S3 connecting with my car's bluetooth and I'm on Verizon. I haven't been in the car very much these last few days but since setting up bluetooth it's connected every time.

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the Verizon S3,and mine auto connects to my 2011 Hyundai Tucson with no problem. The only thing I don't like is the it auto plays my music player if I select the aux setting on my car. I would prefer that the music player not come on unless I launch it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

chay03

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem in my car with my stereo until somebody on here mentioned to turn on the "Auto connect" feature in the stereo.

After digging through all the menus, I found it was set to off. I turned it on and now my phone connects automatically every time I get in. Im on a Sprint version.

gbb0131

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had any issues with my GS3 on Verizon connecting to the Sync in my 2010 Fusion Hybrid. Only time I have an issue is when I come out of the house and the blue tooth hangs onto my Ooma VOIP service.

miata492

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon S3 and a '10 Jetta TDI with factory bluetooth (phone only, no audio streaming) and I have replicated that if your screen is on then you auto connect, if it is off then I have to open the bluetooth settings and connect manually.
But a problem I have found that drives me even more nuts... When I am connected to my cars bluetooth and I have an aux cable plugged into the S3 to listen to podcasts, etc. If a call comes in and I am not listening to anything on the S3 then when I answer a call it tries to go thru the aux cable and the toggle button on the call screen is greyed out - I have to pull the cable out then BT kicks in! If I am listening to a podcast or music then the BT works fine.
Definitely a bug. I am going to call VZW today about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34