Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: S3 Bluetooth Does NOT Auto Connect to Car

I know this is long but it worked for me and now my phone and car automatically connect like a dream :D

I got my 2013 Subaru Outback last October and my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 in December. Before I got my S3, I didn't have a smartphone at all and it auto-connected and paired with my car no problem whenever I turned my engine on. Once I switched to my S3 though, I had to manually select my device every time I wanted to use it in my car. Needless to say, that was a pain in the ****. The person who originally helped me set up my old phone told me that when I got a new phone, I would need to delete my current device to setup my new phone. I did that several times by accessing bluetooth settings through the menu button on my audio dashboard but it never worked (turns out that I needed to access my bluetooth options through a different route). I got so frustrated that I gave up for a month thinking that there was just some setting that I was missing on my S3 or in my car. What I've only just realized is that I needed to delete all the stored information from my old phone, not just delete the device. I was supposed to reset all my bluetooth settings in my car which completely wiped out my old phone, phone book, everything. The way to access this (in my car at least but it's probably worth a shot in different vehicles) was to press "CD/AUX" until my bluetooth option was shown (BT-A). I then pressed the talk switch on my steering wheel and said "setup" (I found all of this in my car user manual). From there I was able to use the audio dial to scroll through the options until I hit the settings/initialize option (just go through all options until you find "initialize" or some other option that sounds like it will reset your bluetooth settings). When I selected this it asked me to confirm the deletion of my phone, phone books, etc. After this, I followed my cars instruction manual on pairing my S3 and it now connects automatically when I enter my car. It is soooooo much better!!

I hope this helps!!

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! I have a 2011 Impreza WRX without navigation system and couldn't get my new Galaxy Note 2 to auto-connect on car startup. This worked flawlessly. You need to intialize as stated above and use the voice commands to start fresh. After that, it's bluetooth auto-connect city!

Thanks again!

I have the same problem with AT&T Galaxy S3 on my 2013 Honda CRV. Drops and reconnects every 30 seconds or so.
    Jim

I spent hours this weekend trying every solution that I could find re connecting my new Note 2 to my CTS without having to toggle BT on and off and select "my vehicle" everytime I entered the car. After reading your post I deleted my previous phone stored in the car's BT settings and to my delight, I can now place a BT call without pulling my Note 2 out of my purse.

Many, many thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaybabs View Post
    I know this is long but it worked for me and now my phone and car automatically connect like a dream

I got my 2013 Subaru Outback last October and my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 in December. Before I got my S3, I didn't have a smartphone at all and it auto-connected and paired with my car no problem whenever I turned my engine on. Once I switched to my S3 though, I had to manually select my device every time I wanted to use it in my car. Needless to say, that was a pain in the ****. The person who originally helped me set up my old phone told me that when I got a new phone, I would need to delete my current device to setup my new phone. I did that several times by accessing bluetooth settings through the menu button on my audio dashboard but it never worked (turns out that I needed to access my bluetooth options through a different route). I got so frustrated that I gave up for a month thinking that there was just some setting that I was missing on my S3 or in my car. What I've only just realized is that I needed to delete all the stored information from my old phone, not just delete the device. I was supposed to reset all my bluetooth settings in my car which completely wiped out my old phone, phone book, everything. The way to access this (in my car at least but it's probably worth a shot in different vehicles) was to press "CD/AUX" until my bluetooth option was shown (BT-A). I then pressed the talk switch on my steering wheel and said "setup" (I found all of this in my car user manual). From there I was able to use the audio dial to scroll through the options until I hit the settings/initialize option (just go through all options until you find "initialize" or some other option that sounds like it will reset your bluetooth settings). When I selected this it asked me to confirm the deletion of my phone, phone books, etc. After this, I followed my cars instruction manual on pairing my S3 and it now connects automatically when I enter my car. It is soooooo much better!!

I hope this helps!!

OMG!!! I love your posting... i've had this problem with my new GS3 on my 2012 Subaru Legacy.... i know exactly what you are talking about. i have this problem everyday, im just glad that you tried it and worked for you. I can't wait for it to be 5 pm and leave work and reset my car.. this has been a pain in the @** for a couple of months now. Thank you so much!

I had to go through this (deleting and recreating the BT setup on the car) 2 or 3 times before it finally stuck, but since then, no problems at all.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Default samsung galaxy note 2 won't connect to car phone audio.

Hi there my Samsung galaxy note 2 will connect to phone media on car bluetooth bit not to cart phone audio.
    Please help. Driving me crazy.
    leigha916 likes this.

Default Re: samsung galaxy note 2 won't connect to car phone audio.

I've been using Bluetooth Auto Connect from the Play Store without issue for both phone and media auto connection.
    Thanked by 2:
    GSDerjaseouk 

Default Re: samsung galaxy note 2 won't connect to car phone audio.

Quote Originally Posted by nysos3 View Post
    I've been using Bluetooth Auto Connect from the Play Store without issue for both phone and media auto connection.
    That also worked for me.It drops now and again but it is about 98% better than it was!

Thanks a lot!!!! Work like a charm with my Forester. It appear that the car bluetooth system need to be reinitialized when a new phone is joined.

WOW!!!!!! Ive been trying to figure this out for the last 9 months!! WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

I have the same problem with my Galaxy s3 maintaining contact with my Parrot hands free I've tried every suggestion I've come across and none work for me.The most helpful app I discovered and I'm
    still using it is called" My Bluetooth Hands free Pro" ,this app turns your Bluetooth on when your phone receives a call so you must leave your Bluetooth of for it to work, the app also allows you to turn your Bluetooth on without having to go into your settings by you turning your phone upside down and pressing the phones power button. Its worth trying and its free. Hopefully Samsung or Google will sort
    the problem out soon.

Thank you so much!! Neither Verizon or Subaru could help. This took 5 minutes and solved problem.

I sorted my issue by changing the timeout of my Bluetooth visibility. Settings -Bluetooth - <press menu key> - visibility timeout - never timeout

Quote Originally Posted by kaybabs View Post
    I know this is long but it worked for me and now my phone and car automatically connect like a dream

I hope this helps!!
    I totally plan to give this a shot in my Volvo XC60 with my Samsung Note 3 phone because this is something I've not read anywhere yet to give a shot. Thank you very much even if it doesn't work it is a great post and I'm certain it will be useful to folks.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456