Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By AD08
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Default How to enable dock mode?

I bought a small dock for my S3 and it does not enable a dock mode. Is there an app to trigger it? I have searched high and low...

Default Re: How to enable dock mode?

go to settings and you'll see dock in the settings

if the dock is a samsung dock for the S3, i expect it to update the settings automatically...if it is not, you'll have to go the manual route

all the best
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Yeah, I saw the Dock options in Settings. They do not do what I want. I got a small dock that was made for the S2, but works with the S3.

What is the manual route? That's what in trying to find out.
    Thanked by:

if it was designed for the S2, then its probably a deliberate thing from Samsung for it not to work well with S3

just return it and get a S3 dock when it comes
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Quote Originally Posted by walcolm View Post
    if it was designed for the S2, then its probably a deliberate thing from Samsung for it not to work well with S3

just return it and get a S3 dock when it comes
    Does that mean that there is no way to manually enable dock mode?

the problem is GSIII will not communicate with your GSII dock even when the dock mode is enabled manually

HDMI out is another example...you cant use generic HDMI out cable for GSIII
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

I don't need it for HDMI or anything else. I might not even use the dock every day.

I think my old blackberry and moto docks utilized a magnet to trigger dock mode. I can't figure out a way to just show a dim, full screen clock on my S3. Sometimes I might just want to use my kickstand in lieu of a dock but I cannot find an app to trigger dock mode or if it's built in to the phone and I am just overlooking it.

If you are looking for something to show while charging I use this app called dock. I it gives you the option for a clock, and weather, social network feeds and some more. I its made by in in ingloriousapps. Search for it using the devs name not the app name.

Here is the ink to the Google play store
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...riousapps.dock

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Thanks, but I use Gentle Alarm. Used it for the last year or so. Was just looking for a dock mode that came with the phone.

There IS a dock mode that comes with the phone but it is kinda hidden. Open the clock app. At the top it shows alarm, workday clock, stopwatch, timer. Slide those icons to the left and it will reveal Desk clock. You can change the wallpaper, shortcuts and info on the screen. Enjoy
    Thanked by 7:
    NeilMaldy, penorwood and hemanth like this.

Thanks!

Many thanks for posting this. I just got an s3 dock to use with my s3 and couldn't figure out how to make the audio out work. The instructions (from Samsung) briefly mentioned dock mode, but did not mention that it needed to be enabled, or how to enable it.

S3 - there ought to be a way to automatically go into the dock mode without going to clock, slide to dock mode, select icon...

This is supposed to be an automatic mode. What happened?

Is there an S3 dual charging dock that DOES go into auto mode for the S3?

It is automatic if you just exit the dock and when you put the phone back to the charger it will just pop up full screen.

But yeah, its not as automatic as we want out to be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Had issue with the non-orignal dock and couldn't find a solution until I found this app. So glad I found it.
    Dock Clock Plus (Night/Desk) App resolves this. I was here looking for the same thing and finally found the app that resolves this. This has an option to enable dock (app) whilst charging and is pretty customizable as well.