How to enable dock mode?

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought a small dock for my S3 and it does not enable a dock mode. Is there an app to trigger it? I have searched high and low...

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
if the dock is a samsung dock for the S3, i expect it to update the settings automatically...if it is not, you'll have to go the manual route

all the best

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I saw the Dock options in Settings. They do not do what I want. I got a small dock that was made for the S2, but works with the S3.

What is the manual route? That's what in trying to find out.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
if it was designed for the S2, then its probably a deliberate thing from Samsung for it not to work well with S3

just return it and get a S3 dock when it comes

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
the problem is GSIII will not communicate with your GSII dock even when the dock mode is enabled manually

HDMI out is another example...you cant use generic HDMI out cable for GSIII

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't need it for HDMI or anything else. I might not even use the dock every day.

I think my old blackberry and moto docks utilized a magnet to trigger dock mode. I can't figure out a way to just show a dim, full screen clock on my S3. Sometimes I might just want to use my kickstand in lieu of a dock but I cannot find an app to trigger dock mode or if it's built in to the phone and I am just overlooking it.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for something to show while charging I use this app called dock. I it gives you the option for a clock, and weather, social network feeds and some more. I its made by in in ingloriousapps. Search for it using the devs name not the app name.

Here is the ink to the Google play store
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.ingloriousapps.dock&token=beSKT2ym

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but I use Gentle Alarm. Used it for the last year or so. Was just looking for a dock mode that came with the phone.

AD08

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
There IS a dock mode that comes with the phone but it is kinda hidden. Open the clock app. At the top it shows alarm, workday clock, stopwatch, timer. Slide those icons to the left and it will reveal Desk clock. You can change the wallpaper, shortcuts and info on the screen. Enjoy

doug319

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks for posting this. I just got an s3 dock to use with my s3 and couldn't figure out how to make the audio out work. The instructions (from Samsung) briefly mentioned dock mode, but did not mention that it needed to be enabled, or how to enable it.

franklyray

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
S3 - there ought to be a way to automatically go into the dock mode without going to clock, slide to dock mode, select icon...

This is supposed to be an automatic mode. What happened?

Is there an S3 dual charging dock that DOES go into auto mode for the S3?

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
It is automatic if you just exit the dock and when you put the phone back to the charger it will just pop up full screen.

But yeah, its not as automatic as we want out to be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

harinmenon

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Had issue with the non-orignal dock and couldn't find a solution until I found this app. So glad I found it.
Dock Clock Plus (Night/Desk) App resolves this. I was here looking for the same thing and finally found the app that resolves this. This has an option to enable dock (app) whilst charging and is pretty customizable as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci