Anybody here thinking about the Motorola Atrix HD?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
MOTOROLA ATRIX HD - 4G LTE Android Smartphone - SMARTACTIONS - Kevlar? - ColorBoost

Especially people that are finding the GS3 too big? The Motorola Atrix HD comes with a 4.5" screen and a 331 ppi (better than the iPhone's 326 ppi - Retina display).

Also how do Motorola phones compare to Samsung in general? What are the strengths and weaknesses of these brands? Does Motorola now have an advantage being owned by Google and all?

TheMediocreMaestro

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The main weakness with motorola devices is probably the support. Motorola are one of the slowest OEM's when it comes to updating devices to new versions of Android, although they are improving in regards to skinning the OS.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Not at all - for a few simple reasons:

1. I hate non-symmetric phones. Several Motorola's are thin most of the body then thicker and heavier around the camera lens. I had a Droid 2 and loved it and have had older flip phone Motorola's, i just don't like where they've gone lately

2. No menu button. Yeah, I know Android is heading that route and most ICS devices are now omitting it, but you asked whether us S3 guys are considering a change so this point is valid ;) I personally love the menu button. I can't personally see why anyone wants to waste screen real estate (say in the browser) with a permanent menu button, even though the ICS button is indeed nice and small/narrow. Either way I like my menu button.

3. The phone "appears" to have a fair amount of extra space around the screen, especially near the bottom end, more so than the S3. I say "appears" because I'm only going by online photos which is subjective. Either way, I don't like the look.

4. Motoblur - don't like it. I don't like how my Droid 2 had nice (battery saving) black backgrounds with white text and then an update changed that to white backgrounds with grey text. I also don't like the neon blue icons in the notification/status bar.

5. Motorola is indeed reeeally slow to roll out any updates. Though, I'll admit this is my first Sammy smartphone so I can't vouch for Samsung being any better on this one.

Rev.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
MOTOROLA ATRIX HD - 4G LTE Android Smartphone - SMARTACTIONS - Kevlar? - ColorBoost

Especially people that are finding the GS3 too big? The Motorola Atrix HD comes with a 4.5" screen and a 331 ppi (better than the iPhone's 326 ppi - Retina display).

Also how do Motorola phones compare to Samsung in general? What are the strengths and weaknesses of these brands? Does Motorola now have an advantage being owned by Google and all?

I have had the OG Atrix and Atrix 2. I liked them fine however I like touchwix better than motoblur although the Atrix 2 was much improved. I liked them better than my captivate but like my slyrocket, GNote, and SGSIII better than the moto devices.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair