Straight Talk and AT&T Galaxy S3...yes, it works

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My buddy bought a GS3 AT&T version at Best Buy the other night, paid full price of course. Ordered the correct Sim Card from Straight Talk, popped it in, activated the card and he was able to make calls and text, but no internet. The APN settings provided in the instructions didn't work. Called their tech support and after some fiddeling around with his account and trying some new settings, we got it working.

Not sure how long Straight Talk can continue to offer unlimited everything for 45 bucks a month, but, if you want this phone on the cheap and don't need LTE, this might be an option for you. Download speeds were pretty fast, 3 to 6 Mbit range.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
My buddy bought a GS3 AT&T version at Best Buy the other night, paid full price of course. Ordered the correct Sim Card from Straight Talk, popped it in, activated the card and he was able to make calls and text, but no internet. The APN settings provided in the instructions didn't work. Called their tech support and after some fiddeling around with his account and trying some new settings, we got it working.

Not sure how long Straight Talk can continue to offer unlimited everything for 45 bucks a month, but, if you want this phone on the cheap and don't need LTE, this might be an option for you. Download speeds were pretty fast, 3 to 6 Mbit range.

nice one. all north americans should take heed of this :)
f*** the major carriers greed... mobile data is cheap, the big US carriers are just greedy.
p.s op, should have bought the international version ;)
and where do the updates come from? t-mo?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

verileblue07

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a gs3 from Att I'm on the contract now so if I want to switch to straight talk all I have to do is get the SIM card from straight talk or do I have to have the phone unlocked first and how would I do that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan