Spofity and SD Card

nooaah

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm trying to get Spotify to save the downloaded tracks to my SD card but I can't find any settings to allow this. I read that you have to go to settings from the login screen, but the menu button doesn't work from there. Anyone have any success with this? I'm using a Verizon S3

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
i know i was able to easily tell the stock camera app to save pictures and videos directly to the SD card. so GS3 probably doesn't have a problem letting things save to the SD card

the issue you're having might be a spotify issue and you should get in touch with the developer directly

Viverrid

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I believe you need to install an old version of Spotify that has the option to specify the storage location. You can then update to the newest version and that setting well be retained. I haven't done it myself but that is what I've read.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

nooaah

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe you need to install an old version of Spotify that has the option to specify the storage location. You can then update to the newest version and that setting well be retained. I haven't done it myself but that is what I've read.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Yup, I just did it successfully:

1. Force close and clear out all Spotify data then uninstall.
  2. Download and Install https://www.dropbox.com/s/br5q7kg8qc9xqrf/SpotifyAndroid.apk - this is an older version released in April
  3. At the login screen, press the menu button and select SD card
  4. Under path, type in /mnt/extSdCard/
  5. Login with your Facebook account
  6. Exit and download the update in the Play Store

Now you're good to go! :smokingsomb:

FYI, I got the dropbox link from the Spotify forums - I can't verify that it's a clean file so download and install at your own risk.

Reactions: Edkof and jakec9

packratpal

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I cleared the data and uninstalled, downloaded the older version you mentioned. 2 problems... I can't update it since I bought my phone in china and the google play store doesn't show spotify or an update. The other problem is that it is still downloading offline files to my internal card, though it does show 20+ gb free on my external card under settings. If i uninstall again, spotify doesn't show up in the file manager on the phone, but if I use internet explorer to see the files on my computer, there is a spotify directory with files. I cannot delete them...it says write protected. Any ideas short of resetting my entire phone to factory settings and starting again. I really don't want to do that. Thanks.

spotify95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Nailed it! Thank you very much - now I have got Spotify running on my new 16GB external SD card, which not only clears up space for some mp3's on my phone, but it also allows me to use Extreme Quality for my offline songs (320 kbps) instead of Normal Quality (96 kbps). Saved me lots of hassle.

xankax

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
The old app stops running after I log on, and there's no option to move it to my sd card. I'm really not seeing how spotify did an upgrade with this one, I was able to download playlists to my sd card on my old cell..

markba

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Spotify won't put anything on my htc m8's 32GB sd. I installed it after the ad card was put in and tried many times to clear the cache etc. It's sadly all going to the internal storage :( Of any one hears of a fix our pending update let me know!

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

betamaxbandit

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same issue with my new HTC One (M8). I tried doing what nooaah said in the above post but it still downloads all music to internal storage and not my 64GB sd card. I'm running on Android version 4.4.2 (Kit Kat)

Anybody have any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs