Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Default Re: Final Soultion: Why Most HEADSETS WON'T WORK

I found a pretty cheap way to work around this problem

I bought this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headphone-Ad...-/261126723775
    For around 8 bucks and detached my old cord from my skullcandy aviators which only worked for idevices. Have to say, works amazing now! Co fired that the mic as well as he other buttons work perfectly. Of course this really only applies to people who have headphones with a detachable cord though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

I suspect you might have better luck finding someone who has solved this problem with the iPhone by asking on an iPhone forum, rather than a Samsung Galaxy forum.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I suspect you might have better luck finding someone who has solved this problem with the iPhone by asking on an iPhone forum, rather than a Samsung Galaxy forum.
    I knew that, but I posted this question given the OP of this thread was knowledgeable and detailing the specific pin outs of the newer Apple products. Certainly can't hurt to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    So what did you do to get them to work? Just solder the earpieces from the Bose to the wiring / control unit from the S3 'phones?
    It was a bit more involved than that, but yes, essentially that is all I did. Except it was bout 4 hours worth of work. Every one of those little wires is coated in acryclic, so where ever you wish to solder, you have to cut, strip the wires, pull back the nylon strings that run through every inch of the headphone cords, burn the acrylic, scrape the acrylic and carbon soot, dip the exposed wire in flux, then apply solder, then seal everything. Once it is all together though it is great. I have been using these everyday since I modded them with no issues. The mic works, the pause/play button works, the volume works, it's nice.

Deleted
    Last edited by thegr8revealing; 03-15-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyry View Post
    I found a pretty cheap way to work around this problem

I bought this:
    Headphone in Headphones | eBay
    For around 8 bucks and detached my old cord from my skullcandy aviators which only worked for idevices. Have to say, works amazing now! Co fired that the mic as well as he other buttons work perfectly. Of course this really only applies to people who have headphones with a detachable cord though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    thanks for this link! I have the S3 and love my aviators but the mic doesn't work. I'm gonna buy this today in hopes I can finally use my skullcandy's completely.

Quote Originally Posted by thegr8revealing View Post
    It was a bit more involved than that, but yes, essentially that is all I did. Except it was bout 4 hours worth of work. Every one of those little wires is coated in acryclic, so where ever you wish to solder, you have to cut, strip the wires, pull back the nylon strings that run through every inch of the headphone cords, burn the acrylic, scrape the acrylic and carbon soot, dip the exposed wire in flux, then apply solder, then seal everything. Once it is all together though it is great. I have been using these everyday since I modded them with no issues. The mic works, the pause/play button works, the volume works, it's nice.
    Yeah, I've soldered some of these thin, very flexible wires before. It is a PITA.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Great Info Mr Scientist, but question is how can we make it work in my Bose Earphone

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin Ang1 View Post
    Great Info Mr Scientist, but question is how can we make it work in my Bose Earphone
    Cut them open and start soldering.

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by vokally View Post
    thanks for this link! I have the S3 and love my aviators but the mic doesn't work. I'm gonna buy this today in hopes I can finally use my skullcandy's completely.
    No problem!

Hi, I have some Klipsch S4i with a broken jack plug that I am replacing. If I reverse the mic and ground connections should that make the remote fully functional on my galaxy note 2? Or is it way more complicated than that? Currently the central play/pause/skip track button is fully functional. I haven't tested if the mic currently works or not. Great post by the way, just what I needed!
    Cheers

Lawrence

OK so I have some V-mode crossfade LP and they came with the 3 button and aux cable. to my surprise the 3 button does not work on my S3. the upside is that the cords are both male connectors so I did some research and found these on Ebay
    Headphone Adapter Aux Connector Cable with Remote Mic for Samsung Note 2 N7100 | eBay

I ordered them already and Ill keep you posted on how they work.
    Treo 650--> Treo 700--> Treo 750-->BB8330 -> BB Tour --> Htc Hero--> Droid -----> DROID X with Asus Transformer

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence D View Post
    Hi, I have some Klipsch S4i with a broken jack plug that I am replacing. If I reverse the mic and ground connections should that make the remote fully functional on my galaxy note 2? Or is it way more complicated than that? Currently the central play/pause/skip track button is fully functional. I haven't tested if the mic currently works or not. Great post by the way, just what I needed!
    Cheers

Lawrence
    Wow this is interesting, because I have the same gear with the same problem.
    As I understand it replacing your jack plug with an android compatible reversed one will not solve your problem, because the buttons on your headset use different resistances, so yes the signal will go on the correct channel, but the phone won't be able to 'understand' it.
    BUT it might work, as someone reported with a pair of Sony headphones. It might be that only original Apple earbuds use different resistances and third-party products may work with the reversed plug. Give it a try and please report back!

Would love to see the schematics and instructions on how to solder the OEM Samgung Galaxy S4 rocker/mic unit to Apple's iPhone 5 Earbuds. Not affraid to pry open cables and solder, but have no idea on how to identify which cable goes to which terminal on the jack. Also, there is always mention to Apple using different resistors, does it mean that even if identifying the cables and soldering properly it may not work? I just migrated from iPhone 5 to GS4, and I am loving everything except the fact of not being able to control music with the headphone rocker with the phone on the pocket. That is a big deal for me. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Seriously, thank you! About as complete an explanation as anyone can give.. and it makes sense.... and all points aside, yet another reason I dont and wont support apple.

I'd like to know what size resistor to use from mic to ground for a moto x

I have a moto x that i need to call a conference line then attach a cable to the head phone jack of a sound system. Below is what I have made up.

I now have a cable with a 3.5mm trs on one end and I installed a 3.5 mm trrs on the other end with a 1/2 watt 4.7 kohm resistor and ground to s and other end of resistor to r and right to r and left to t which works great sometimes but sometimes I have to wait 10 sec to 60 sec for it to connect.

I have a HTC one cable made up 3.5mm trs on one end and installed a 3.5mm trrs on other end with 1/2 watt 4.7 kohm resistor to s and ground and other end of resistor to r and right to r and left to t
    and it works instantly every time i plug it in

I was wondering if moto x needs a different resistor. Can anyone help me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Bowman View Post
    I'd like to know what size resistor to use from mic to ground for a moto x

I have a moto x that i need to call a conference line then attach a cable to the head phone jack of a sound system. Below is what I have made up.

I now have a cable with a 3.5mm trs on one end and I installed a 3.5 mm trrs on the other end with a 1/2 watt 4.7 kohm resistor and ground to s and other end of resistor to r and right to r and left to t which works great sometimes but sometimes I have to wait 10 sec to 60 sec for it to connect.

I have a HTC one cable made up 3.5mm trs on one end and installed a 3.5mm trrs on other end with 1/2 watt 4.7 kohm resistor to s and ground and other end of resistor to r and right to r and left to t
    and it works instantly every time i plug it in

I was wondering if moto x needs a different resistor. Can anyone help me
    Thanks
    You might need a compositor as the voltage is different the one X might simply have more current and it has that lag as its warming up like a tube amplifier lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

I have an old AD-54 Nokia audio controller (detailed description here) that I'd like to try to adapt for my Samsung phone.

All of the controls are there, and it even has a clip.

Of course it doesn't work as-is with my Galaxy so I figure it's mostly a matter of changing the connections. Does anyone know where I can find a schematic for the connections to control a Galaxy phone via the headphone connector?

I can post this as a new topic, but the people on this thread seem to be the right ones for this question.

TIA
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12