I have ZERO interest in S Voice. Anybody else?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I think its pretty stupid honestly. Whats the point of asking whats the weather will be like, when i can just quickly open a browser, and type it in myself?

And that's the bottom line - if you can do what you want faster with your fingers, what's the point? The fact that you can't really use it in public means the only real reason is to use it in a car while driving. But even then, it doesn't work when you have music blaring through speakers connected via the audio jack.

mankows5

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I use it quite a bit. If you go into the help screen and read the comands they provide it works really well for me. (maybe i just have a great voice... jp) Mine is not that slow, when i use the right commands. I use it alot of maps and navigation. Instead of saying "find an italian restaurant" like the comparison video show... say map italian restaurants. It will open maps and show you all the italian restuarants. I also use it a lot in the car with my headset. Also for the most part it is quicker to find simple answers like "how high is mt everest" instead of opening browser and typing it in. If you learn to use it right it def provides a benefit. It is not an ALL the time thing, because some things are faster just doing them yourself... but when your hands are tied or in certain situations, it is def a good tool.

judge34411

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, but does anyone else have absolutely no interest in even checking out Samsung's S Voice on their Galaxy S III? That was amongst the first few things I disabled.

Sent from my Handspring Trēo 90 using TreoCentral: Forums.

WHAT! You can talk to it?? I talk into it all the time but talk at it? Yikes if I start doing that I might end up in a rubber room. With all the widgets and such whats the point?

Naw, never even tried it disabled mine.

BLOAT WEAR!

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
agree with all the comments.... S Voice is more of a joke than useful.... i disabled mine as soon as i set up my phone...

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
i tried using s-voice but i just can't get it to do simple things like what Google Voice Search did on my Incredible.

Is there a way to set Voice Search up as default, and not s-voice? I know I can do it on launchers, like pressing home key activates it from the home screen, however, i can't bring up Google Voice Search, only Google Search. I have to click on the screen to get it to bring up the listening prompt.

I liked how I could just hold down the magnifying glass to get it to come up.

anyway to do it on this phone?

I miss that magnifying glass.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i tried using s-voice but i just can't get it to do simple things like what Google Voice Search did on my Incredible.

Is there a way to set Voice Search up as default, and not s-voice? I know I can do it on launchers, like pressing home key activates it from the home screen, however, i can't bring up Google Voice Search, only Google Search. I have to click on the screen to get it to bring up the listening prompt.

I liked how I could just hold down the magnifying glass to get it to come up.

anyway to do it on this phone?

I miss that magnifying glass.

isnt there a widgit for it m8?

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there is, but I would like to be able to launch it from any screen, not to have to go to the home screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

ballgame1981

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have been using it on and off. I have found that if you are listening to music and try to launch svoice it will not respond. Useless in my car! I mainly use it for setting up reminders but that is a hit or miss.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I used it earlier today to set the alarm after a brief but frustrating manual search for said alarm turned up nothing. I think it might be useful for pedestrian stuff like that.

I'm not going to hate on it just because it's functionality is still at the gimmicky stage or because Apple popularized it first. I look forward to the day it progresses to the point of being truly useful for basic tasks. For example, I was driving down the interstate a week back and thought how nice it would be to just press a button and ask, "Find me a Culver's about 45 minutes down the road." Unfortunately, I can't even get my wife to successfully accomplish that on her smartphone yet...

-Suntan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87