Screen Auto-rotation Issue - Anyone???

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I was about to reply to another thread when it appeared that my screen was stuck in portrait mode. I like using the landscape mode to type. I had re-enable the Auto Rotation feature in settings. Anyone else have this issue? This is the first time this has happened.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that my phone goes back to portrait only and I think I might be turning it off by accident when pulling down my noticfications. I'm not sure but it's happened twice where screen rotation is off.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I can see accidentally pulling down the setting menu but not the setting itself. It is in the middle of the menu.

njperry

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. In camera, gallery, Gmail, browser, and other apps. I know it rotated to landscape before but no more. Yes, I made sure the setting for Auto-rotate is ON. I took out the battery and rebooted also. I really hope to avoid a hard reset.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
FUNNY! I had the same issue today too. I just had to reable it on the top bar. After it worked fine! Maybe Samsung is messing with us all?

njperry

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I know certain apps don't allow landscape mode but I was talking about apps that do, such as browser, Gmail, YouTube, and camera/gallery. I finally did a hard reset and restored to default settings. I set up a few things, made sure Auto-rotation setting was on, even tried calibrating the gyro again, and tried in a couple of those apps again and still nothing. I was thinking I'd have to return the phone but then when I went to bed it was magically working again. I have no idea what changed or if I was just crazy the first time I tried after resetting but it's currently working so hopefully it stays that way!

jrc7667

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
my screen rotation just stopped working for me today and I dont know what to do... very annoying because I used to use it all the time to text.. any suggestions besides a hard reset???

Dax_000

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Just had it happened to me, had not touched any of the settings for it and tried most if not all of the solutions offered online, nothing worked, so here's how i fixed it:
turned off the phone, removed the battery then pressed the on button and kept it pressed for a good 30 seconds, put the battery back in and turned it on and fixed!
Hope this helps.