Why is S3 $100 more off contract @ Best Buy?

a.youngone

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not due 4 an upgrade until November so I had planned on using a store credit I have 2 help off set the cost of the phone. Every other place is selling phone off contract for $599 or less. Best Buy is selling it 4 $699. Anybody know why?

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I believe that of you tell them about it being $100 cheaper somewhere else they will price match it... heard of some ppl doing that before...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

BDain

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy will price match it. I called one of the local stores yesterday. They have to call your local Verizon and verify what price they have and then they can match it.

Reactions: Ezduzit

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
FYI, I picked mine up from Best Buy, no contract pricing, and they price matched AT&T at $549. The guy that sold it was genuinely shocked that AT&T was selling it for so much less. And he didn't call to check the price. He just went to their website, saw it, called his manager over and had him override the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got mine for 499.99 at best buy thay priced matched sprint and then radio Shack and a $50 thing going on so thay matched that too.

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S3

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
They sell for more because they would rather sell the phone with a contract. I had them price match to Verizon when I bought my incredible but had to argue with them because the sales rep said they couldn't do it. Even worse he said he would call only one store and if it wasn't in stock he wouldn't do the price match. That's the kind of BS that's putting them out of business.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Because BB is evil and a rip off...and they hire people who dont know what the F they are talking about. Seriously...I hate BB.

Jon DiCandio

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
:)Hate to burst bubbles here, but according to BB policy they will not price match contact cell phone prices, see Best Buy Low Price Guarantee - BestBuy. Now I guess fine print does not say anything about off contract, but it also lists the only vendors that they will officially price match with, and none of the major carriers are listed. If managers /others have been providing a price match, that is on their own discretion so if you are turned away don't be surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith