1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Compress video in S3?

I took a home video of my son on the S3. It came out to 21mb. I am unable to MMS because its too big, and gmail wont send either. How can I compress this to fit a MMS? I saw there is a MMS option before you shoot but its too late for this one.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Compress video in S3?

Not a chance. The MMS limit is really small. Can you add it to your public Dropbox account?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did that. I am trying to get this video to my wifes iPhone. I just cant get it there remotely, this is frustrating.

Probably won't help now but, there is a setting in the video camera menu for taking video for MMS.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah I saw that right AFTER I caught my son doing something cute.
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

It's such a waste to capture a moment with the video recorder and choose to have it be low quality for MMS...sure it's good to have the option but if it's a video worth keeping I'll be equally annoyed that it's not in full 1080p beautiful quality!

I am trying to figure out how to manage this since I took a 4 minute video yesterday and it's 500MB. I don't want to keep it on my phone b/c it's huge and those will add up quickly. It's also a ton of data to stream from Dropbox/Youtube if I want to go the cloud route - pretty much requires wifi. Perhaps compromising with 720p instead of 1080p is the answer?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by alexwolf1216 View Post
    I did that. I am trying to get this video to my wifes iPhone. I just cant get it there remotely, this is frustrating.
    Can't you just download Dropbox for ios, login to your account on her phone, and download the file onto her iphone? jw