Has anyone waxed their screen?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've heard of this before but never tried it. Using a Window or car wax. Simply putting a little wax on some cotton material then buffing the screen. Now take a clean cotton and wipe remaining wax residue off.

Supposed to make screens/screen protectors slicker and more resistant to fingerprints.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Never heard of that but do let me know on how that works out if you try :)

Sent from my Awesome Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2 baby.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
images

Sorry could not help myself!

Reactions: imneveral0ne

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Those zeiss lens wipes you can get at Walmart are the only thing I use anymore. Cleans the screen and the phone really well. Wax could be harmful.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely hate screen protectors they all dull the screen from how it's meant to be seen.. Plus the nasty dirt that gathers around the edge of the screen... Smh. Those wipes work well brings the screen back to the fresh out tha box feel...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I used rainX on my Asus Transformer and it works awesome. Helps reduce fingerprints and makes the surface super slippery. Haven't tried it on my new S3 though.

draco947

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Those zeiss lens wipes you can get at Walmart are the only thing I use anymore. Cleans the screen and the phone really well. Wax could be harmful.

I use the same things. They're the only lens wipes I trust for cleaning delicate things, like my camera lenses, glasses, and cell phone screens.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Waxing??? Really??? I just use my lens wipe that I use to clean my glasses and works great...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I will never use a screen protector. The bubbles that can be so small still would bug me not to mention the corners and grime. Just wipe it using a cloth or shirt and its fine. The gorilla glass really doesn't need a protector although its big money that they make

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
No screen saver here either. Glasses lens wiper here as well and once in a while I use a tiny bit of lens cleaner spray.

wallymichel12

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I have tried RainX and I found that it works really good for repelling fingerprints. Also makes the screen really shiny. Anyone else tried this? Done this with my old HTC EVO 4G and my current Motorola Photon 4G.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2