Multiple Navigation Voices?

Worlds2See

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok I seriously hope I'm not losing it...

Anybody else notice that when using navigation there is more than one voice speaking directions? The main female voice is really peppy and the other is not so much.

I'm coming from the original DInc and there was only one robotic female voice.

Katherine

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Anybody else notice that when using navigation there is more than one voice speaking directions? The main female voice is really peppy and the other is not so much.

Katherine
I actually heard it today for the first time. I had heard that the second voice only comes on when you don't have an actual GPS connection but that makes no sense to me because I'm 99% sure I had a GPS connection the whole time.
The main voice is so "peppy" that my wife named the GPS "Sassy Samsung"! Much different than my old robotic Droid X voice... ;)

qdtphotog

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site

Katherine

LOL. No, you're not loosing it. It happened to me once so far. I made me laugh though because I was getting used to the cheerful happy voice, then all of a sudden another voice came on that was so robotic and depressing that made me want to slit my wrist. Not sure how to stop that because it gets annoying.

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Yep heard that today as well.....It was my first NAVI and was liking the stock voice, but then the smoker voice kicked in....

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I also have to say that the main voice speaks REALLY fast! It's taking me some time to get used to it but I like it a LOT more than the Droid X robot.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I call them the twins. Got the peppy, hot pretty one, and then her pissed off ugly sister. LOL...I think it all depends on where you are navigating too. The peppy sister has the basic idea and knows the major roads, the pissed off sounding one goes into details. I hope we can get rid of the pissed off one because the peppy one is a huge step over the original robotic one. Something tells me that soon we'll just have the peppy one which sounds a lot like the one in Google Now.

Dubg

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it has more to do with street names that are prerecorded versus less common names that the computer then reads. It took me by surprise when I heard this today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I think it has more to do with street names that are prerecorded versus less common names that the computer then reads. It took me by surprise when I heard this today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

This was my thought as well

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So you're saying "Main St." would be read by the computerized voice for example? I'll check that the next time I use the GPS as my town has a Main St. Of course I didn't need the GPS to find it... ;)

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem. The two voices sometimes finish one another's sentences. It seems to mostly happen when I am in a weak signal strength area. Does anyone know of a setting to keep the perky one? :)

brymo

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this and thought that the slow voice had laryngitis. It made my throat sore listening to her. From what I can tell, the slow voice comes on when I have low signal strength, though it's inconsistent.

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Happens to me. They often complete each others sentences. i thought it may be that the new nice voice could not say certain words but there are general statements like 'turn right in ... miles' that the robotic voice takes over for. I can't stand the robotic voice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol