1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GMAIL Email Formatting

I don't know that this is specific to my GIII but since I have one I thought I would ask...

The native gmail app doesn't seem to format email correctly. Meaning when you sometimes get an email it is huge and you must scroll left to right or up and down to view it all.

I am hoping there is a setting or something to format it for the screen..

Any info on this?

Thanks!

Default Re: GMAIL Email Formatting

Your problem certainly isn't unique. I was dealing with the same thing, and actually found the stock email browser to be even worse about that. It often wouldn't even display the emails right for me.

I went and downloaded K9 Mail, which is a free app, and it has helped a lot. It displays things nicely, and has a lot of customization options. One of the options makes it so it will format the emails for your phone's screen, so you don't have to scroll all over the place. Give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu Warrior View Post
    Your problem certainly isn't unique. I was dealing with the same thing, and actually found the stock email browser to be even worse about that. It often wouldn't even display the emails right for me.

I went and downloaded K9 Mail, which is a free app, and it has helped a lot. It displays things nicely, and has a lot of customization options. One of the options makes it so it will format the emails for your phone's screen, so you don't have to scroll all over the place. Give it a try.
    do you know where in the k9 email settings that option is
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the reply. I do have K-9 for another email account.

I guess I am hoping there is a solution for the native Gmail client. I mean after all it is a Google phone for all intense purposes. Ya think their native email client would display it correctly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Davidjacobs21 View Post
    do you know where in the k9 email settings that option is
    Yeah, the setting in K9 to do that is:
    Settings -> display -> click the box by "compact layout" it works pretty well for almost all of my emails.

And to the OP, I hear ya. One would assume that the gmail app would be the best available for a google account on a google phone. Who knows, maybe we'll see a nice update coming our way soon. For now, I'm just avoiding using it. :P