10-21-2012 07:23 AM
- Coming from a Droid X the 2 things I am missing on the S3 (i may actually just not be aware of how to do this) is:
1.If I am listening to a long track (e.g. podcast) and don't listen for a few hours then when i press play on the stock player it restarts from the beginning. On my old X, even if i turned off the phone it would resume from the last point. I would love if it would keep the track location for all tracks (similar to what MX Player does for videos), but at the least, is there a way to resume the most recent track?
2. I have yet to figure out how to get the music controls onto the actual lock screen - I've read that that is part of stock ICS, but again, i have no idea how to get it onto the S3 Touchwiz lockscreen. Any one have a solution to these?
Thanks guys!07-16-2012 09:33 AM
- If listening to podcast and want it to save your progress, try using a podcast app such as Beyond Pod or Pocketcast. IMO the stock player is mainly for music and therefore will not save your progress.
For the music player controls while on lock screen, just pull down notification bar. The controls are in there.07-18-2012 11:55 AM
- I download radio talk shows also that can be like 3.5 hours and its a pin in the neck to have to find my spot in them - if my droid x & droid 2 could do it there must be a way for the S3 to as well. On the same note sometimes a newly downloaded mp3 file does not show up in the muic file list until i delte something thasts currenly in there i.e. if i delte yesterdays show from my phone then the new one shows up. If i go into the file manager and open it in music from there it plays but once i press home button or back it stops playing :-(07-18-2012 08:34 PM
- I have been using DoogCatcher for podcasts for over a year and love it. It automatically downloads podcasts and keep track of where I am in each show if I leave in the middle to switch to another one. It is a paid app but it now costs less than I paid originally. I think under $5.07-19-2012 04:28 PM
- I second Doggcatcher (fyi its two "g"s, not two "o"s).
If you are downloading Stern, or whatever radio you are downloading, you can create a "virtual feed", and have it update, as you add to the folder you pointed it to.
Doggcatcher can have a bit of a learning curve. I downloaded it 2 years ago, but it took me a couple of months to actually use it. Then I realized how amazingly feature rich it is.09-25-2012 07:06 AM
- When I was using Rdio this weekend I was shocked to see music player controls on the lockscreen. I have a feeling it's a matter of the app, as it always has been. From my understanding it has to do with the API and it's all a matter of if the developer of the app takes advantage of the call. If they do the lockscreen is set up for it the controls will be there.09-25-2012 07:43 AM
- PowerAmp music player resumes where you left it.
not sure about after a reboot though.
what id love is like a bookmark (like on kindle etc) add-on so i can stop in middle of a podcast or mix-tape, play somethin else, then go back to where i left off
global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess09-25-2012 08:15 PM
- Regarding music controls on the lock screen: Touchwiz replaced the standard Android lock screen with one of their own, so except for the stock Touchwiz music player, music controls won't display on the lock screen.
But if you set up a pattern or pin lock screen, that is standard Android and the music controls from third party apps will display as intended.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums10-21-2012 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD