Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Default Text Messages In Call Logs

Is there anyway to filter out my text messages from my call logs? I want it to log my missed calls only.

I can go to "View By" and select "Missed Calls" but the second i back out and go back in it logs all my texts and calls together. Any way to permanently have it log missed calls only?

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Re: Text Messages In Call Logs

Noob here, but it goes like this: phone>recent>settings>view by.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    Noob here, but it goes like this: phone>recent>settings>view by.
    Yeah, but when i back out and go back into my logs the settings reset and shows my text messages again.

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts

Same issue here... hopefully there is a fix for this soon...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

maybe try a 3rd-party dialer app like Go Contacts

Question Re: Text Messages In Call Logs

Still an annoying bug in my galaxy note 2
    When I change it to phone calls only it stays "for a while"..
    but always turns back to calls and msgs almost at random (I think when I restart)

Any solutions?

Samsung Log Converter from the play store no settings to make just gets rid of messages in the call log

Enjoy
    Thanked by 4:

On my JB Sprint S3 it only shows calls, and I don't see any option to make it show texts.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts

I don't have this issue on my Telus Mobility S3. It must be a specific device issue.

Quote Originally Posted by asd313asd View Post
    Samsung Log Converter from the play store no settings to make just gets rid of messages in the call log

Enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    On my JB Sprint S3 it only shows calls, and I don't see any option to make it show texts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmig View Post
    I don't have this issue on my Telus Mobility S3. It must be a specific device issue.
    This is an old thread that some dug up out of the grave. This isn't an issue anymore. I know multiple people with the s3 on different carriers and this doesn't happen.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I am in the UK and have an unbranded international s3. This is something that does my head in too. There isn't a fix as far as I am aware. But I would like to know how to sort it. Maybe it is ,as someone has said in this post, carrier specific.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

The back button is what's resetting it. Hit the home button after you set it and it should work.

Lover of all things Andi

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikRunny v1.01

This issue drives me crazy on mine. I can set that b 100 times and it always defaults back. Why in the hell do I want a log of my text messages?!
    Just another crazy Andi lover
    Have you been helped? "Thank" the person who helped you!! Don't be stingy!

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

The S4 running stock 4.2.2 doesn't have those view by options my s3 never showed text messages in my call log but my s4 does and it's driving me crazy

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Sorry.... I found it. But as others state, it keeps resetting itself to display ALL logs. I don't want all, I just want calls to display.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Log Converter does it's job well, filters SMS out.
    It takes about 8mb of memory, though.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Hong1 View Post
    The back button is what's resetting it. Hit the home button after you set it and it should work.
    This does work, but if later I use the back button as a shortcut to where I was it then reverts the missed calls I selected back to All calls. You think it would remain in what you selected until you make the change again.

I got the same problem with my s4 showing my txt message in call log its just so annoying. What I did its click on phone icon..click on logs...click menu (button on down left the home screen button) ..then click on views by...then set it to all calls .. txt message not showin up on my call logs no more..

Thank you so much! I was trying to figure out why it was showing all of my text msg logs in my call logs, and then how to get rid of it. Hopefully this is a perm. fix.

I think you'll find just changing the log 'view' to 'All Calls' simply moves all the text logs to the bottom of the list (i.e. after 'All Calls')

Thanks brother, SAMSUNG Log converter 100% works

this works thanks

Cool Re: Text Messages In Call Logs

Still issue with Viewing log. I have Galaxy S4, Verizon, Android 4.3. I am experiencing the issue that a few are experiencing.
    That, in the "Recent" tab of the phone screen, after setting the 'view' to be just 'All calls', .... that after a short while I go back to "Recent", and all of a sudden, I'm again, seeing ALL calls and messages. The selection has changed itself, back to what looks like the default ... "All calls and messages". I change it again to "All calls", and short time later, same thing. All calls and texts.

Who else is seeing this? I can't understand why people have said the problem is 'fixed'. Simply confused. Thanks for your help.http://forums.androidcentral.com/ima...ilies/cool.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tapio Vahamaki View Post
    I can't understand why people have said the problem is 'fixed'.
    You are apparently not using Samsung Log Converter: http://market.android.com/details?id....converter.ics as mentioned in post #7.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast