Horrible Lag and widget flicking

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks is there any way to fix the horrible lag and flicker of the clock and search widget??

Its very annoying and it seems to happed mostly when you are in an application and the phones goes to sleep then when you wake it up and press the home button the clock widget and search widget flickers on and off the screen.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
have u tried disabling the double tap of home button shortcut for s-voice m8 + do u have the latest firmware update? also using a heavy live wallpaper causes lag when returning to homescreen

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks is there any way to fix the horrible lag and flicker of the clock and search widget??

Its very annoying and it seems to happed mostly when you are in an application and the phones goes to sleep then when you wake it up and press the home button the clock widget and search widget flickers on and off the screen.

You must have a lot going on. Hold down home button, Task Manager. Kill all active apps then go to RAM and clear memory. Save your work first, of course. Now check for the flicker. A reboot wouldn't hurt either.

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Not with any built in settings. There may be apps for that but you would likely need a custom ROM to dig that deep into system controls. I haven't gotten up the nerve to do that yet. Waiting for a really good reason...

I keep power save on most of the time and don't have issues. Is it one particular widget? Do you see something really eating CPU?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Gerane

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you using lookout? I had to uninstall it because I noticed it was causing me insane lag. It was terrible lag and phone just became choppy.

Then it drained my battery in 30 minutes, when looking at battery screen 70+ % was from lookout

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Not with any built in settings. There may be apps for that but you would likely need a custom ROM to dig that deep into system controls. I haven't gotten up the nerve to do that yet. Waiting for a really good reason...

I keep power save on most of the time and don't have issues. Is it one particular widget? Do you see something really eating CPU?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

yeah im not gona root my s3 till warranty finishes or if theres a big delay gettin jellybean. its just web browsing using power saving i hate. i do a lot of browsing on the phone + the screen stutters too much when scrolling around a web page. i could use it when im out + just txting/calling i suppose :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay