Cant save pictures from mms messages

ACraig007

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
thanks for great info
tried it and got to view pics on my pc
but now can't cut (or copy) and paste from my phone to pc?
mind you, i also couldn't forward the message as the pic too large... maybe i need save in diff format but don't know how!

GOT IT!! - have to copy and paste individually!!

Muriel Abraham

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I am able to save the photos, but now I can't find them. They are too big to forward, and they do not appear in the download or the photo albums! What am I missing! Is there anyother way to get a photo from a MMS to my computer? :confused:

Manford Daniels

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
:D I was beginning to wonder- How good of an Android phone the Galaxy S3 could be if it couldn't download and display simple mms images. I had tried just about everything that I could think of and only managed to save a couple of the images as wallpaper so as not to lose them. The rest were locked in limbo as messages from my daughter. Wow! I knew that there was a way to save those images, and that it couldn't be that complicated. Samsung is very sparse on its instructions for the use of its products. However, the response that I got on Android Central from MotoSlave was just what the doctor ordered to fix this little dilemma.

Thank you very much MotoSlave. It is amazing that manufacturers through their failure to document the stuff that they peddle can turn the simplest thing into a nightmare, simply because they refuse to provide the simple instructions required to perform the simple task in the first place. MotoSlave, I don't know how you figured it out, but in my book you're a genius! Maybe I might have; through pure perseverance, eventually figured out this step, but because of you, now I don't have to! Thanks again, Dude!

Manford Danies

andcomfrey

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I was having a very similar problem and thanks to this forum stumbled on a solution. I'm not familiar enough with the S3 to know about connecting to a computer, but maybe this will help instead. It's a very simple solution so you may have already tried it. However being a complete novice on the S3, this issue stumped me (and several other novices) for quite a while.

So... 1. After saving the the photo from the mms, open your gallery. 2. Once there, use the back button (to the right of the home button) to navigate to the last (or earliest) screen in your gallery before returning to your phone's home screen (ie, the screen in gallery where if you pressed back once more, you would go to one of your home pages). 3. Once at that last gallery page, press your options button (to the left of your home button) and select 'View by'. 4. This should open a box giving you several choices of where you want to view pictures from. Select 'All content' or 'Content in device'. 5. This should bring up your pictures if they did save to your phone.

I realize step 2 is a bit confusing. Basically I'm just trying to navigate you to a page where you'll be able to see the 'View by' when you hit the options button. I found that not all pages offer that. Also, for me the phone was automatically set to 'Content in Picasa' and thus only showed those pictures and not any from my phone. Again, I'm very much a novice and realize there may be an easier way to do what I did, but at least it worked for me. I sincerely hope this helps.

The WheelMan

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Funny. I never get mms messages until my sister sent me two pictures of my nephew the other day and then I had the exact same problem, couldn't figure out how to save the pics. So thank you johnj2803 and Motoslave!

Jake Radcliffe

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have recently switched over to the new HTC One. I am a new android user and have not found a solution to my problem yet. When receiving a pic in the Messages app, I tried the long click on both the picture and the message thread and opted to "Save Picture" both times. My issue is I have no idea where it goes from there. I've looked in Gallery and under Downloads, and nothing. The new HTC One's don't have a SD slot so its impossible that its in some external memory somewhere.

Please help!

Pammie24

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it worked before the current software, but it is possible when I tried today.
1. Don't open the message, but from the message folder tap and hold the Pic.
2. Several options will appear.
3. Choose Save Attachment
4. Place a checkmark after the series of numbers.jpg.
5. Click Save and it will save to your SD Card.

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
When I get a mms message and I try to save the pic, it won't work. I know how to save it. I hold on the pic and hit save attachment. Then I check mark the box and hit save. But then it says that no SD card detected. The pic doesn't save. I have also tried to formatted the SD card too and retry to save the pic but same thing happens, it say no SD card detected. Any help?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When you look in the Storage view is your phone acting like an SD card is present?

This is rather strange - I'd suggest using the Kies software to backup your phone and then perform a Factory Reset and before you restore anything see if it behaves correctly.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
yes it is acting like an SD card is present
Hmm...that makes it seem like a hardware problem, but it's worth doing a Factory Reset, if for no other reason than that's the first thing you'll get asked to do.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk