Predictive text

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I moved to this S3 from a Galaxy Nexus and I'm having an annoying issue with the predictive text and the keyboard.

In the text area , like the entry window for this post, as I hit keys the phone gives predictions just above the keyboard. This part is like my nexus. However, on the old phone, the actual text would have the letters I had typed until I hit the space key or selected one of the predicted words.

With this new phone, instead of showing the letters I actually typed, out showed its current predicted word. The annoying thing about this is that I don't know Ernst key I've typed, so I can't tell if it is building its prediction from the correct letters.

Is this a deliberate part of the Samsung interface?

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. It sucks. Try swipe or swift key. If you like the Samsung keyboard and want to keep it you can go to the settings go to predictive text->word completion point-> and change it to 4 or 5 letters so it doesn't do as much predicting/changing of the letters.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
The first word on that predictive text area is the raw letters that YOU typed out. As you click them more often, the keyboard eventually starts picking that word as a habit

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
The first word on that predictive text area is the raw letters that YOU typed out. As you click them more often, the keyboard eventually starts picking that word as a habit

Thanks for that pointer, I hadn't picked up on that as I'm used to looking at the word entry point as I type.

I had forgotten that I had Swiftkey before. I enabled it on my S3 and I think I'm going to run with it for awhile again.

tryn2lrn

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to Tkbredx for the suggestion to go to settings and change the word completion point to 4 or 5 letters. That has made all the difference. Predictive text is now working like it is supposed to work.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12