Is there a bedside mode

anon(284786)

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Not that I am aware of (at least on the S2 there isn't). The way I found to fix that was to install the bedside mode widget (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.jops.android.bedside&token=xCUgpNxi)

It has all the functionality that my crackberry did although not quite as eloquently (doesn't jump into it when charging etc).

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't quite read your question properly (just the subject line). The widget I linked to allows for screening of calls etc during the night. It also has a clock readout that you can set to stay always on. Although I'm sure there are free apps or other ways of doing this if all you want is a night clock.

joey92

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
The clock should have a night mode at least it does for me I just open it and give it about 10 minutes and the whole screen goes black and the time just floats around the screen

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The clock should have a night mode at least it does for me I just open it and give it about 10 minutes and the whole screen goes black and the time just floats around the screen

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Just opening the clock from the apps menu?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Not that I am aware of (at least on the S2 there isn't). The way I found to fix that was to install the bedside mode widget (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.jops.android.bedside&token=tgBRseE8)

It has all the functionality that my crackberry did although not quite as eloquently (doesn't jump into it when charging etc).

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't quite read your question properly (just the subject line). The widget I linked to allows for screening of calls etc during the night. It also has a clock readout that you can set to stay always on. Although I'm sure there are free apps or other ways of doing this if all you want is a night clock.

Bedside mode with a BB was awesome - I'm currently trying out Desk Dock and it does an okay job. I've downloaded Bedside as well but haven't took it for a spin yet. Now I just need a horizontal dock. :D

anon(284786)

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Bedside mode with a BB was awesome - I'm currently trying out Desk Dock and it does an okay job. I've downloaded Bedside as well but haven't took it for a spin yet. Now I just need a horizontal dock. :D

One of the few things I really miss from my Crackberry....

petschska

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I also miss this feature from the BB. I have downloaded Alarm Clock Plus which can be set to start an app upon being plugged in. Not as elegant as a built in solution, but it works.

Sent from my SGS3 using Tapatalk.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
1. Who looks at a clock while sleeping?
2. An alarm clock works just fine.

I hate comments like this.

1) If I wake up in the middle of the night and want to know what time it is...hey look a clock!

2) Alarm clock...hmm...yeah I remember those from 10+ years ago before I had a semi-smart phone. We could just say "a camera works fine", "a pager works fine", "a computer works fine", "a gps unit works fine", etc. until we go back to dumb phones with no features because who needs an alarm clock on your phone when you can have one not on your phone! Is that what you had in mind? lol

Reactions: imneveral0ne

krusej23

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It has a bedside mode when i plug it into the desktop dock from Samsung. I'm not sure how to get that to run otherwise. I am not a huge fan of the desktop dock though.

delldude405

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I hate comments like this.

1) If I wake up in the middle of the night and want to know what time it is...hey look a clock!

2) Alarm clock...hmm...yeah I remember those from 10+ years ago before I had a semi-smart phone. We could just say "a camera works fine", "a pager works fine", "a computer works fine", "a gps unit works fine", etc. until we go back to dumb phones with no features because who needs an alarm clock on your phone when you can have one not on your phone! Is that what you had in mind? lol

I hate replies like these.

Everyone has their preference. I like to use a traditional alarm clock. And yes a camera takes better pictures than a phone with a camera feature. A stand alone GPS works just as well if not better sometimes. Cell signal, data usage. So please consider the options before you hate something so quickly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have previously used Alarm Clock +. It can be configured to start when plugged in and it dims the screen, definatley worth a look.

Predator04

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I use gentle alarm. i have used it for a long time and it has NEVER failed to wake me up on time. Plus if your battery is dying it will turn the alarm on. handy if you phone dies in the middle of the night (possibly not plugging it in correct power outage etc.)

wilfreb

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
just open the clock on your S3 and scroll to the end to "desk clock''
there you can customize your bedside mode, i use it all night, its awesome.

Reactions: johnj2803