Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default Is there a bedside mode

I like being able to see the time at night.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Is there a bedside mode

Not that I am aware of (at least on the S2 there isn't). The way I found to fix that was to install the bedside mode widget (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.bedside)

It has all the functionality that my crackberry did although not quite as eloquently (doesn't jump into it when charging etc).

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't quite read your question properly (just the subject line). The widget I linked to allows for screening of calls etc during the night. It also has a clock readout that you can set to stay always on. Although I'm sure there are free apps or other ways of doing this if all you want is a night clock.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Search the Google play for desk dock.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy III

The clock should have a night mode at least it does for me I just open it and give it about 10 minutes and the whole screen goes black and the time just floats around the screen

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,742 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by joey92 View Post
    The clock should have a night mode at least it does for me I just open it and give it about 10 minutes and the whole screen goes black and the time just floats around the screen

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Just opening the clock from the apps menu?

Global Posts
    4,742 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by evilsanta2 View Post
    Not that I am aware of (at least on the S2 there isn't). The way I found to fix that was to install the bedside mode widget (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.bedside)

It has all the functionality that my crackberry did although not quite as eloquently (doesn't jump into it when charging etc).

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't quite read your question properly (just the subject line). The widget I linked to allows for screening of calls etc during the night. It also has a clock readout that you can set to stay always on. Although I'm sure there are free apps or other ways of doing this if all you want is a night clock.
    Bedside mode with a BB was awesome - I'm currently trying out Desk Dock and it does an okay job. I've downloaded Bedside as well but haven't took it for a spin yet. Now I just need a horizontal dock.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Bedside mode with a BB was awesome - I'm currently trying out Desk Dock and it does an okay job. I've downloaded Bedside as well but haven't took it for a spin yet. Now I just need a horizontal dock.
    One of the few things I really miss from my Crackberry....
    llebcire likes this.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

I miss bedside mode too. Gentle Alarm has a really good beside mode. It is not free, but worth it.

1. Who looks at a clock while sleeping?
    2. An alarm clock works just fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

I also miss this feature from the BB. I have downloaded Alarm Clock Plus which can be set to start an app upon being plugged in. Not as elegant as a built in solution, but it works.

Sent from my SGS3 using Tapatalk.

I use Dock by Ingloriousapps

its a clock, i use when in bed, and it can do your facebook and twitter feeds too, i use when on a desk. If you are familiar with webOS exhibition, this is the closest thing to it.
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Quote Originally Posted by delldude405 View Post
    1. Who looks at a clock while sleeping?
    2. An alarm clock works just fine.
    I hate comments like this.

1) If I wake up in the middle of the night and want to know what time it is...hey look a clock!

2) Alarm clock...hmm...yeah I remember those from 10+ years ago before I had a semi-smart phone. We could just say "a camera works fine", "a pager works fine", "a computer works fine", "a gps unit works fine", etc. until we go back to dumb phones with no features because who needs an alarm clock on your phone when you can have one not on your phone! Is that what you had in mind? lol
    Thanked by 3:
    nickf126, kevin5377, jac-3 and 7 others like this.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Now I just need a horizontal dock.
    Save your money and just get a case with a kickstand.

Sent from my ridiculously cool Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

It has a bedside mode when i plug it into the desktop dock from Samsung. I'm not sure how to get that to run otherwise. I am not a huge fan of the desktop dock though.

Quote Originally Posted by Waipio11 View Post

That's what I did... Got the seido active case with kickstand and it's really good I love it

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreii View Post

1) If I wake up in the middle of the night and want to know what time it is...hey look a clock!

2) Alarm clock...hmm...yeah I remember those from 10+ years ago before I had a semi-smart phone. We could just say "a camera works fine", "a pager works fine", "a computer works fine", "a gps unit works fine", etc. until we go back to dumb phones with no features because who needs an alarm clock on your phone when you can have one not on your phone! Is that what you had in mind? lol
    I hate replies like these.

Everyone has their preference. I like to use a traditional alarm clock. And yes a camera takes better pictures than a phone with a camera feature. A stand alone GPS works just as well if not better sometimes. Cell signal, data usage. So please consider the options before you hate something so quickly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

I have previously used Alarm Clock +. It can be configured to start when plugged in and it dims the screen, definatley worth a look.

I use gentle alarm. i have used it for a long time and it has NEVER failed to wake me up on time. Plus if your battery is dying it will turn the alarm on. handy if you phone dies in the middle of the night (possibly not plugging it in correct power outage etc.)
    barakis likes this.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

just open the clock on your S3 and scroll to the end to "desk clock''
    there you can customize your bedside mode, i use it all night, its awesome.
    sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    [unbranded - factory unlocked - i9300]
    Thanked by 4:
    tlsg and crester like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wilfreb View Post
    This is awesome! No more app needed. The will try it tonight.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

Global Posts
    4,742 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You can't be serious. A kickstand case? No thanks.

Global Posts
    4,742 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by wilfreb View Post
    I'll give this a try as well.

Is there a desktop dock for the SGS3? I had one for my SGS2 and it did exactly what you want: drop it in the dock and it dims the screen, and after 5 minutes would display just a low-light digital clock. (in much the same way as putting it in a car dock would put the device in car mode) It was perfect for me, and I ended up throwing away my traditional alarm clock.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreii View Post

Well said...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast