Standby issues? Whatever happened with this?

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Whatever happened with this issue? Was it deemed just for international versions? I feel like my S3 had this issue

http://www.androidauthority.com/

Apparently the power drain value for?Cell standby?is set to 34mA, ten times higher than a ?reasonable value? of 3.4mA. That would explain why the Galaxy S3 battery drain issues appear.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
it wasnt an issue with actual use, just on the reported use. it only LOOKED like standby was using more power, it wasnt ACTUALLY using more power. So if you had an issue with actual battery drain, it wasnt from that. Also, to answer your question, I'm pretty sure the value was fixed in an update. mine no longer shows this problem

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
it wasnt an issue with actual use, just on the reported use. it only LOOKED like standby was using more power, it wasnt ACTUALLY using more power. So if you had an issue with actual battery drain, it wasnt from that. Also, to answer your question, I'm pretty sure the value was fixed in an update. mine no longer shows this problem

Update? In don't believe I was prompt for an update. When was your device updated last?

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I apologize, I just realized from your sig, that you are using what I think is the AT&T version of the phone./

I have sprint.

Mine was released with software L710VPLEN, then updated to L710VPLF9 on June 29th, then updated to L710VPLG2 on July 9th.

But IIRC, your update was on July 11th.

It goes from i747UCLEM to 1747UCLG1

All of the reporting went into stating that they(samsung) removed universal search....but what most failed to report was that they also updated the radio, and if im not mistaken, fixed the issue you are refering to....but now i dont see this...so maybe they didnt fix for at&t.

here is one article about the update;
AT&T Galaxy S III getting a minor OTA that removes universal search | Android Central

another article here;
Samsung releases OTA update for Galaxy S III, featuring ‘improved stability’ and brightness toggle | 9to5Google | Beyond Good and Evil

If you never got the notice for the update, you can get it here;
AT&T - Update the Firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S III (i747)

but im not sure it will fix the error reporting :-\ It did on mine, but at&t may not have done it

origional xda reporting the standby issue fix;
[FIX] compiled "power_profile.xml" file to fix cell stand by issue - xda-developers

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I apologize, I just realized from your sig, that you are using what I think is the AT&T version of the phone./

I have sprint.

Mine was released with software L710VPLEN, then updated to L710VPLF9 on June 29th, then updated to L710VPLG2 on July 9th.

But IIRC, your update was on July 11th.

It goes from i747UCLEM to 1747UCLG1

All of the reporting went into stating that they(samsung) removed universal search....but what most failed to report was that they also updated the radio, and if im not mistaken, fixed the issue you are refering to....but now i dont see this...so maybe they didnt fix for at&t.

here is one article about the update;
AT&T Galaxy S III getting a minor OTA that removes universal search | Android Central

another article here;
Samsung releases OTA update for Galaxy S III, featuring ?improved stability? and brightness toggle | 9to5Google | Beyond Good and Evil

If you never got the notice for the update, you can get it here;
AT&T - Update the Firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S III (i747)

but im not sure it will fix the error reporting :-\ It did on mine, but at&t may not have done it

origional xda reporting the standby issue fix;
[FIX] compiled "power_profile.xml" file to fix cell stand by issue - xda-developers

Interesting. I'm actually on Rogers. I'm guessing I should contact Rogers and find out. Benefit of apple is they push out updates themselves. If I have to wait for Rogers every update that could be annoying

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks a lot bud. I'll do this as soon as I get near some WiFi. Maybe this is a dumb question but how come this update isn't able to be done through the device itself by hitting update?

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
im not sure the link i gave you is different from what you already have. I just know that as a source for the latest. there is a chance that what you have is the same as what is listed there.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
im not sure the link i gave you is different from what you already have. I just know that as a source for the latest. there is a chance that what you have is the same as what is listed there.

Hmm. The firmware numbers are different but the date in that download shows may so who knows

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze