This may sound dumb but... how do I sync my phone?

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I guess the fact that the S III doesn't have a mass storage mode is quite bad because none of the file managers, like "DoubleTwist", work due to the MTP mode. Is there any software that will allow me to sync my music, videos, and photos from my Mac to my SIII?

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Video and photos are trickier, but for music I use Google Play Music. I installed the app on my Mac, allowed it to upload all my music to Google's servers, then I play it from the Google Music app on my phone. I can store local music and stream what isn't stored on the phone. Works great and I have access to virtually everything.

Another option is DoubleTwist with AirSync for wifi syncing, though I never got it to work on my GNexus. Other people however seem to have good success. I believe this will do music and photos. Not sure about video.

For video, there's always drag and drop, though automatic syncing would be nice.

I look forward to hearing what other people suggest.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Video and photos are trickier, but for music I use Google Play Music. I installed the app on my Mac, allowed it to upload all my music to Google's servers, then I play it from the Google Music app on my phone. I can store local music and stream what isn't stored on the phone. Works great and I have access to virtually everything.

Another option is DoubleTwist with AirSync for wifi syncing, though I never got it to work on my GNexus. Other people however seem to have good success. I believe this will do music and photos. Not sure about video.

For video, there's always drag and drop, though automatic syncing would be nice.

I look forward to hearing what other people suggest.

This is the current method I'm using until we find a better, automatic solution. This really sucks coming from an iPhone with it's super amazing syncing capabilities >.<

BarbecueGamer

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
iSyncr has worked great for my music. It can sync pkaylists, ratings and play counts. I have 40gb of music in my iTunes I sync to my external memory card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums