1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HDR Photos

Maybe I'm missing something here. When I take an HDR photo my phone takes several pictures and merges them into one HDR photo, correct? When I go into the gallery if the HDR effect wasn't that drastic it's hard to tell which photo is which if I've take a bunch of pictures. So far the only solutions I've found are studying the dark portions of the photos and see which has more detail. I can also count each picture; HDR, not HDR, HDR not HDR, which is a pain. Is there a better way?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Default Re: HDR Photos

when I take an hdr photo it saves two. The most recent in the gallery is the hdr photo and the one after it is the original. Hope that helps.

Yeah when you use HDR mode it saves the HDR version and then the unedited version. I find HDR works really well when you have a photo that has either a really bright or really dark area that would get missed with normal contrast methods.

If your photo subject has good lighting to begin with... then you may not see that much of a difference with the HDR mode.

Although this really isnt a solution to what you're looking for, if you want something more drastic in terms of HDR effect, I'd recommend Camera360. It also saves your original and has really exaggerated HDR effects. I prefer that over the stock since the stock HDR setting doesn't really do much for me

I'll show non hdr to hdr. Just walked out and took a pic of the family watching TV.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the tips everyone. I like how simple the iPhone makes distinguishing HDR pics in the photo album compared to Android. I did figure out that if I long press a photo and select details it'll tell me whether or not it's HDR.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Use hdr camera plus works perfect

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Does anybody here use some of the other hdr apps such as HDR Prosnap or Pro HDR?

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I'll show non hdr to hdr. Just walked out and took a pic of the family watching TV.

I can hardly see a difference lol