S3 won't connect to Apple airport WIFI

iron330

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
New member here saying hello. I have a Galaxy S3 (AT&T) that will not connect to my Airport Extreme at home. S3 connects with no issues to all other (public) WIFI spots. I'm on an iMac i7 OS X 10.7.4. Our Powerbooks, my wife's iphone, and my old iphone 3GS connect to our network always, no issues. Of course, they're all Apple products! I log in the S3 with password, it says saved, secure. Unfortunately, the Galaxy S3 just sees the network, but never actually connects. Have reset Airport, Galaxy, etc., but nothing allows the S3 to connect. It says "connecting", but never completes the connection. Any ideas from those with Android phones on the Mac? I love the phone, it does everything VERY well, except this is quite a bugger for me.

Regards,

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this will help since I don't use Apple products, but I was having some wifi issues that I think (too early to tell, but it's looking good) fixed it.

Go into wifi on your phone and your network settings and click on the advanced button. Check to see if it's set for DHCP (which seems to be the default). Try switching it to Static and see if it helps. You'll need to re-enter the password as well.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
My father in law has an Airport as well and I have no issues with connecting. As soon as I'm in range, badda bing. I'm with Verizon.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the Apple airport as well, neither myself or husband have had any connectivity issues....

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Any chance you know anyone that has an S3 that can try to connect? Maybe to a swap and see if maybe the device is kaput?

iron330

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all for the feedback :D Got it going using the link provided by this fella on android forums.

I do not remember if the Airport broadcasts an adhoc network or not. Not sure if that is an issue. You can try some of the info in this link:

Connect an Android phone to Mac OS X's Internet Sharing | Macworld

Hope that helps.

PS this is an Android to Airport issue NOT an S3 to Airport issue. If that helps any.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1158987/android_wep_base_station.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11