How to read battery graph.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what are all of those colors stand for under mobile network signal.
Thanx
425742d2-3cc9-2ca3.jpg

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Green is good coverage. Yellow is next best coverage. Tan is getting iffy. Light brown/grayish is bad signal. Red is even worse. Black means you've completely lost signal.

Reactions: DroidBotJ

fdterry

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree with previous post. I have continuous coverage but there are large gaps in the bar for mobile network signal. Perhaps it just means that the device is actually transmitting or receiving using the mobile network? (It would be black if wi-fi is being used.) The colors could mean transmit, receive or both??
Just guessing, would be interested in the answer.

noturbizniss

May 17, 2012
Visit site
It is signal strength... I was at work with poor signal then walked to train and made a couple calls with great signal, and got on subway lost signal and have had sketchy signal since the then. I so green is good signal yellow is mixed tan is fading red is no signal black is phone call use or possibly mobile data off.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to understand this as well. There are very few places where I get anything worse than excellent signal and I was not at any of them yesterday. There's absolutely no way this graph is correct.

I get 5 bars - 4 at the worst - at my apartment. The 16 hours of the graph below start at 8am when I woke up. I hung out here with my gf all day long...I didn't leave until 3:30pm which is almost halfway through the 16 hours. Clearly the graph does not match up...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

barakis

May 12, 2012
Visit site
For people with issues about the graph, look at the bottom below the graph. Note where it says WIFI, if that bar is across the screen then that means you using wifi not mobile data.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
For people with issues about the graph, look at the bottom below the graph. Note where it says WIFI, if that bar is across the screen then that means you using wifi not mobile data.

So are you saying "mobile network connection" only shows times where it's connected to the mobile network and not connected to a wifi source? I keep my wifi on 100% of the time.

I'm actually a little worried that perhaps my mobile connection is dropping off entirely...but I have not had any late texts or voicemails randomly appearing...or people saying they tried calling and my phone was off.

Notice in my screenshot my wifi on bar is there 100% of the time...why does that show 100% of the time and "mobile network connection" does not? There were certainly times during that period where I was not connected to wifi...but my wifi was on. Understandable except that you're suggesting that "mobile network connection" does not work that way...if it did, it would be 100% as well since I was never in an area where I would lose AT&T signal.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Today I turned my wifi off for most of the day...you can see that even with wifi off there are huge gaps in the "mobile network connection" bar. I checked several times during that period to make sure I was connected...4G LTE logo every time.

The last 1/3 of the graph is when I got to my office where reception is either low or no signal. I spent a few hours there and turned on wifi about halfway through. Again it seems to have no effect on the graph...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Would others please post screenshots of their battery graph as well, please?

Settings / Battery / Click the graph

Please also specify what network you're on and whether or not you have LTE coverage.

Thanks!

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I think black is perfect signal. I was in an area that had perfect signal for most of the day, and during that time my the graph shows black.

Haha based on my graph I would have to agree but it makes no sense to be that way as black = off for the other indicators.

Please post your graph!

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Even after a factory reset I'm still getting huge gaps in my mobile network signal line graph. Please post your graphs for comparison.

I might have to take mine to the store...I only have 2 days left to return it for a new one.