Random thoughts from a new S3 owner

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's a couple of thoughts from a new SGS3 owner. I'm coming from a Thunderbolt that's been sporting an Otterbox Defender case for the past year. Prior to that phone, everything was some kind of a BB.

First, I'm really not used to such a thin phone as this S3. I know lots of people are into the thin thing, but for me it doesn't feel right. I've got to get a case on it, and I'm sure it'll either be another Otterbox or perhaps a Seido that people seem to like on the forums. It'll give me something to hold onto, which the naked S3 doesn't do, and provide a gripable surface that isn't found on the S3. The smooth back is too slippery.

Second, I need to adjust to the power button/volume button placement. I've found that I often activate the power button when I'm just changing the volume. I'm thinking that once I get the case on it, the buttons may not be so sensitive to the touch, which I would find a benefit.

I'm also having an issue with activating some function on the screen just because I don't have a good hold on the thin phone. I end up sliding a thumb or finger onto the face, which makes something happen, because I don't get a good purchase on the sides or back of the phone.

Otherwise, it looks like I'll end up liking this phone without complaint. Every phone has it's compromises or features that require adaption. I've found the S3 no different than any other phone in that reguard for the short time I've owned it.

Predator04

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Here's a couple of thoughts from a new SGS3 owner. I'm coming from a Thunderbolt that's been sporting an Otterbox Defender case for the past year. Prior to that phone, everything was some kind of a BB.

First, I'm really not used to such a thin phone as this S3. I know lots of people are into the thin thing, but for me it doesn't feel right. I've got to get a case on it, and I'm sure it'll either be another Otterbox or perhaps a Seido that people seem to like on the forums. It'll give me something to hold onto, which the naked S3 doesn't do, and provide a gripable surface that isn't found on the S3. The smooth back is too slippery.

Second, I need to adjust to the power button/volume button placement. I've found that I often activate the power button when I'm just changing the volume. I'm thinking that once I get the case on it, the buttons may not be so sensitive to the touch, which I would find a benefit.

I'm also having an issue with activating some function on the screen just because I don't have a good hold on the thin phone. I end up sliding a thumb or finger onto the face, which makes something happen, because I don't get a good purchase on the sides or back of the phone.

Otherwise, it looks like I'll end up liking this phone without complaint. Every phone has it's compromises or features that require adaption. I've found the S3 no different than any other phone in that reguard for the short time I've owned it.
Well im coming from the same phone. but i want you to know the otter box commuter case SUCKS! its slick and the buttons are extremly hard to press. Dont bother!

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well im coming from the same phone. but i want you to know the otter box commuter case SUCKS! its slick and the buttons are extremly hard to press. Dont bother!

EDIT: Ooops, I wrote something and then realized that I missed that you had written about the Commuter case. I agree. I saw it in the store and thought the same thing. I'm waiting for the Defender to show up. If it's like the one that was on my T'Bolt, then I'll be happy with it - even with its bulk.