Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kryptonitejunky
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to delete blank home screens?

I am having trouble deleting an empty home screen. I go to edit homescreen and attempt to drag screen to the trash can, but it doesn't delete. The trash can turns red but home screen remains. Any other suggestions?
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,239 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Default Re: How to delete blank home screens?

Might need a reboot and try again? Not sure but I know you can't delete your last remaining homescreen, which I doubt you are trying. Perhaps make sure it's not set as your default screen (I think denoted by a star)? Just some ideas.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, rebooted and it worked. Go figure.
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,239 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

One of my favorite things to say: "nothing is broken until you reboot it and it still doesn't work"!

Glad it's fixed for you.

Question Re: How to delete blank home screens?

I have this same problem in a sense. I use to be able to hold down on the blank screen and drag it to the trash bin at the bottom. However, now? I can't even get the blank screen to drag. I did a reboot (restart) and it didn't help. Any other suggestions?

For Galaxy Note 10, just pinch any home screen and you'll be brought to a screen with all your homescreens as thumbnails. Tap and hold a scdeen and drag and drop to the trashcan at the top of the screen.
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by DixieChick79 View Post
    I have this same problem in a sense. I use to be able to hold down on the blank screen and drag it to the trash bin at the bottom. However, now? I can't even get the blank screen to drag. I did a reboot (restart) and it didn't help. Any other suggestions?
    On the gs3 you hit the menu key and edit page. Grab the blank page and drag to trash. Im hoping you have a gs3 since you posted in a s3 thread

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Thanks mate. So simple. (Couldn't find the answer on the device's help tutorial)
    geekymcfly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonitejunky View Post
    Thanks mate. So simple. (Couldn't find the answer on the device's help tutorial)
    Yw

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others

Thank YOU! Squeezing the home screens WORKS GREAT for the Samsung Galaxy Note I and Note II. Next month, when I forget how this was accomplished, I'll have to find this site again, but for now you've been a blessing.

Wink Re: How to delete blank home screens?

Oh my gosh, thank you do much for your help. This has been driving me nuts!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by morgan leininger View Post
    for galaxy note 10, just pinch any home screen and you'll be brought to a screen with all your homescreens as thumbnails. Tap and hold a scdeen and drag and drop to the trashcan at the top of the screen.

Omg I had a Samsung galaxy ace for a just over a year I could never work out how to get rid of all my extra screens drove me crazy! now I have had s3 for a while, its does the same THANK YOU I am now sain lol x x

I could kiss you THANKYOU. I have a galaxy s3, This has been driving me bonkers for the past few months. happy dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Leininger View Post
    For Galaxy Note 10, just pinch any home screen and you'll be brought to a screen with all your homescreens as thumbnails. Tap and hold a scdeen and drag and drop to the trashcan at the top of the screen.

Talking Re: How to delete blank home screens?

Thank you so much. I was struggling with figuring that out as well...

Drove me nuts. Absolutly nothing anywhere about how to do this. Your advice is spot on. Thanks a bunch.

It is very easy. You just sqeeze (pinch) the sceen on home screen. Then you just drag the unwanted screen to the trash can either on top or bottom of the screen. This way you can drag all the unwanted screens. Hope this resolves your problem.
    Thanked by 2:

After 2 years, it probably got done.

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE