Where is the color adjustment settings?

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
In the reviews on YouTube, they show a setting in options where you could pick from Dynamic, Standard, Natural and Movie.

I've looked through the Sprint S III manual and all over the phone and cannot find it.

Is this feature omitted from the US release of the S III?

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
US versions do not have this option.
Thank you for the clarification.

I wonder why they omitted this option for us in the states. I know we don't have the FM radio the international version has, but that wasn't something I ever used in my EVO.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the FM radio is annoying. it seems to switch on by default whenever you plug in earphones. it probably takes up too much physical space to fit inside the US version with their LTE antenna but dont know why they didnt include the colour settings which is surely a software thing?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
...just found the colour setting "screen mode" in display settings. thanks op :) Dynamic mode looks great. wonder what the difrent settings do to battery life..

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
On the topic of the screen. My screen is to bright. Even when I turn it all the way down. So it's kind of hard to see in the movies without blinding everyone. Went to the Batman premiere. It was absolutely amazing. Tried to send a quick message but my screen was too bright.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah i keep mine at nearly lowest setting but the other day when it was actualy sunny for a change in scotland i had to set it to max. the touchwiz brightness slider is great :)

Reactions: rotto16

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
On the topic of the screen. My screen is to bright. Even when I turn it all the way down. So it's kind of hard to see in the movies without blinding everyone. Went to the Batman premiere. It was absolutely amazing. Tried to send a quick message but my screen was too bright.

Yea, that's why it's rude to text during a movie and they always ask you not to, regardless of how low you set brightness.

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I LOATHE people that take phones out during a movie. First it was taking calls and texting, but that seems to have died down with all the PSA's the theaters play.

It's the people that take out the phone for a split second that drive me nuts. Checking the time, checking for texts, etc.

Imagine how the other patrons feels when they are distracted by an incredibly bright screen appearing out of nowhere after adjusting to the darkened room.

Adjust, check or disable your phone before entering the theater or during the previews. Even during previews is a stretch, but people pulling out there phones during the film I've paid for is incredibly distracting and inconsiderate.

Remember this post next time you decide to play with your phone when going to the movies.

Food for thought. :)

okbow68

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you watch the movie and not whoever is checking their phone. The movies you go to must suck, 'cause I could care less If someone is just checking their phone and not talking on it. I mean really a forty or fifty foot screen and blaring surround sound and you are the cell phone ninnie :'(
Maybe YOU will remember his post the next time you go to the movies and get off your high horse.

Reactions: Tkbredx

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Well to clarify. I was asking if there was a way to turn the brightness down even more than the standard brightness. My brightness was all the way down. But the high quality of this screen was obviously still bright. So I didn't send the text to spare everyone else. (Even though I could careless what people think. I paid the same price as everyone else. Besides 200 inches of high definition and you choose to be annoyed and look at my 5 inches? Makes no sense)

But back to what I was asking. Does anyone know how put the brightness down? It's still to bright on the lowest setting. I'd there an app to bring the brightness down even more?

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you watch the movie and not whoever is checking their phone. The movies you go to must suck, 'cause I could care less If someone is just checking their phone and not talking on it. I mean really a forty or fifty foot screen and blaring surround sound and you are the cell phone ninnie :'(
Maybe YOU will remember his post the next time you go to the movies and get off your high horse.
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

When I amwatching a film in a darkened and sound-proofed room, distractions such as a bright displays popping up and ring tones going off around and below me areincredibly irritating and sully the movie-going experience; regardless of the fifty foot screen and blaring surround sound.

I rarely go to the movies now because of the disrespect other patrons have. I'm not paying for a mini lightshow; I'm paying to see a movie.

I meant no harm or disrespect towards you personally.

With that said, are you oneof the fellows that constantly pulls his phone out during the movie to check your texts and time? If I have ever needed to take a call or send a text, I respectfully say "excuse me" to the person(s) next to me and check my phone in the hallway.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't want to be distracting and just plain rude to the others in the theater.

Last edited:

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Use "Lux Auto Brightness" found in the Play Store. It allows for the brightness to be turned all the way down. The screen also seems to be brighter on those sunny days outside with it turned all the way up.
Cool app!

I've found the S III's automatic brightness adjustments to be too aggressive. I'm playing around with the app now and there are some cool features.

Can this be used to replace the S III's built-in auto brightness adjustments?