Quick Freeze and "Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped"

hp10BII

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
2nd day with the new Galaxy S3 on TMobile.

The phone is unrooted, installed few apps, disabled preinstalled bloatwares, used Kies Wifi Air, and setup e-mails account.

Now everytime I go back home, the device will freeze and not respond for good 5 seconds and popup "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped" appears.

Anyone experiencing this on their 4.0.4 ICS device? It is really frustrating at the moment.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Never had that issue.... Might want to try to do a factory reset to see if it continues....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
2nd day with the new Galaxy S3 on TMobile.

The phone is unrooted, installed few apps, disabled preinstalled bloatwares, used Kies Wifi Air, and setup e-mails account.

Now everytime I go back home, the device will freeze and not respond for good 5 seconds and popup "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped" appears.

Anyone experiencing this on their 4.0.4 ICS device? It is really frustrating at the moment.

What did you disable?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
...ive got a feeling you cant disable the native txt app even if ur usin a 3rd party one.. maybe its changed since ics tho

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
what app do u use for txts? u can disable most of the pre-installed apps that are visible in app drawer but id leave all the google ones. any of the samsung and network provider crap from the app drawer is safe to disable though

vatsypatel

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Quick Freeze and "Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped"

i am also having same problem i just unrooted it n i m getting that probelm how did u enabled that plz plz plz say fast plz

---------- Post Merged at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:19 AM ----------

how did u enabled that plz reply me plz i beg u :(

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
enabable what mate?
all disabled apps are at bottom of the app list when you hit the ALL tab at the top. just tap them and tap enable

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
error my mobile Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped"
We're going to need a little more information than that:
- are you using the stock Messaging app?
- does it happen as soon as you start the app?
- does it happen every time or just randomly?
- have you tried clearing the cache and data for the Messaging app in the Application manager?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk