Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is it Galaxy S3 OR Outlook calendar? Can't have both?

I use Kies not only for updates but synching contact information and calendar.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

hi Guys,

i also used to use Google App Sync. recently reloaded my PC and was forced to reload Google App Sync. now i need to pay for the service as a Business customer.

i'm a single user and cant seem to justify having to pay a yearly fee for something which seems to be free on other platforms such as Blackberry and Apple.

are there any other options?

Like others have posted, I use Kies to sync my Outlook Calendar and Contacts.... works great for me....
    Galaxy S4 - Telus / T-Mobile

Thanks Leanne,

I also use Kies, however, Apps sync allowed automatic syncing without having to connect via USB. fantastic tool for someone out on the road often.

hoping for something similar.

It appears that Google and Microsoft are at odds now - one must now pay to sync - see below from Google

Update on January 30, 2013 for Windows Phone users: Windows Phone users can continue to set up new device connections with Google Sync through July 31, 2013. Windows 8 and Windows RT users can access Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Contacts through their browsers.
    Quote Originally Posted by waldowayne View Post
    Two new positive developments, helpful for future reference:

1. My Galaxy S3 did now successfully sync the calendar to Outlook via Kies, after all!
      See the attached screen pic. If it helps your engineers: What was different this time, I had turned off the local calendar (My calendar) because I decided to use Google Calendar instead, per everybody's advice here (irony!). I received a message on the Galaxy (also attached).
    2. Google Calendar can do sync with Outlook not just export/import!
      To achieve 2-way sync between Galaxy S3 and Outlook (export is not sync), its better to use : Using this utility, Outlook syncs with Google Calendar, which also syncs with the Galaxy S3. Since it works automatically in the background, without cable, its actually easier than with Kies.

Problem solved?

I am in need of some help. I lost my whole hard drive including my google calendar sync. It won't let me add it now that it's for business. I use OUTLOOK and would prefer to keep using outlook. I'd like my calendar to sync wirelessly to my Galaxy S3 phone without logging into anything. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for your help, I have spent countless hours on this issue and seem to come up empty.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12