Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By johnj2803
  • 1 Post By Mr Bigs
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 and hp touchpad paired with sms!

I have just booted into webOS using my HP touchpad. It has been on Android via CM9 for the longest time.

I used to have a pre3 and one function that I really used was doing my sms messaging in my touchpad with my pre3 paired over bluetooth.

I just tried pairing my touchpad with my s3 and without any special settings, and sms works.

I know some of you might not understand what the use is. But when I am at home I sit on the couch watching whatever on my tv, I almost always have the touchpad with me. Doing sms on my touchpad without having to grab my phone is really convenient specially with the card interface of webOS.

Just wanted to share with some people who still have touchpads here and who are still booting into webOS from time to time.

I'm going to leave my touchpad in webOS for now. I find it redundant to have android both on my phone and tablet. I at least for now :-) I have some other use for the touchpad :-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
    Thanked by 2:
    duanedude1 likes this.

Default Re: S3 and hp touchpad paired with sms!

I have two Touchpads, but I cannot get either of them to pair with my SG3. I wonder why?

I have two touch pads as well. I is jelly bean out for it yet

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Tampaguy75 View Post
    I have two Touchpads, but I cannot get either of them to pair with my SG3. I wonder why?
    did you set the s3 to be discoverable? It is NOT by default.

Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    did you set the s3 to be discoverable? It is NOT by default.
    Yes, I believe so... I turned on bluetooth and pressed the "scan" button to scan for other devices. It is actually picking up devices that my neighbors must have, but neither of my Touchpads show up.

Thanks for this. Paired just fine. I think I'm the only person left with a Touchpad that hasn't thrown ICS on it yet. Long Live WebOs!

out of topic but i cant wait to see the next galaxy tab.

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts

Anyone interested in something like this for their Android phone and tablet combo should try TabketTalk from the market.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    equishd likes this.

I have ICS on my TouchPad, but I find webOS works better for me. It seems that the screen resolution throws off ICS and apps don't work quite right for me. I've tried DPI adjusters, but they are still less than optimal for me.

The only time my TouchPad runs ICS is when my 10 year old son wants to play games that aren't available on webOS.