05-02-2014 12:38 PM
- I am coming from the Thunderbolt, and when I drive around I have Slacker Radio playing. On the T-bolt it would pause the music and give the navigation voice at the same volume that Slacker was playing. It also had a separate navigation volume setting. On the Galaxy, it seems to have one volume. So when Slacker pauses, and a voice direction comes out, it is extremely quiet. I use Bluetooth in my car. If I turn up the volume, then Slacker is way too loud when it un-pauses after the voice guidance. Anyone else have this issue, or know some secret setting that I have not found yet? Thanks07-21-2012 08:32 PM
- I used Google navigation and Pandora via BT and had no volume problem. Nice fade-in / fade-out of the music for the navigation voice.
The two voices in navigation is discussed in another thread. I thought folks were making it up until I heard it that day. Fascinating!
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums07-22-2012 12:42 PM
- Same here. I was using Winamp then when the nav voice interrupted it was barely audible. I turned the volume up and then when the music kicked back in I nearly blew out my speakers.
I switched back to Google Play Music after the update and tested it out. It seems like the volume of the 2 are closer together. I'll give it another test tomorrow when I take another road trip.
I still wish there were an independent Nav voice volume to control.07-23-2012 09:53 PM
- Looks like this is a problem. I am using Poweramp and Navigations voice is really low. On my Dinc2 while playing anything it was the same volume. There is a clear and distinguishable difference between other apps and Nav voice on the S3.
Let's hope elGoog figures this out! Or possibly an S3 problem? My Google maps is also draining my battery something fierce when NOT using it. I am always force stopping it - that shouldn't be happening.
Galaxy S3 - Locked...07-24-2012 08:51 AM
- 07-24-2012 04:25 PM
- My S3 is starting to grow on me (longtime HTC user), but this navigation volume thing is annoying. My immediate reaction was to increase the volume while it was speaking, but that didn't work like it did on my past phones. I also noticed that my music doesn't fade in/out when the navigation guidance voice kicks in either.07-27-2012 02:14 PM
- I know this is an old thread, but I just sent my S3 in for repairs. They sent it back to me updated to 4.3, and only now am I having this issue. Before the update/repair it was working fine. Music apps (spotify/pandora) would fade out and the Google Maps voice would speak at the volume the music had been playing. Always flawless. NOW, the music fades out and Google Maps speaks at the faded out volume, impossible to hear.
I have noticed, if I spam the volume up button while Maps is speaking the voice will come up to normal volume, but so does the music!! Then next time Maps talks, it's back to 50% again.
Basically, when Maps tries to speak it cuts my volume down from 100% to 50% for all media including itself (Maps). If I turn up the volume while it's talking, all media goes back to 100% and then the same thing will happen every time Maps tries to talk. It's as if it used to treat them as two separate volumes, but now they are the same. This is incredibly frustrating because my job is about 75% travel and all I do is listen to music in my car while navigating.05-02-2014 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD