Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    So can the game be enjoyed without a lot of IAP? Or is the pacing setup so that you have to pay to progress.

    Also, is there any story at all? The only previews I've seen just show the player randomly walking back and forth shooting a never ending stream of zombies.

    -Suntan
  2. #27  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    yeah theres storys and aparently the game can be fully played and completed without any purchases
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    yeah theres storys and aparently the game can be fully played and completed without any purchases
    But is it a grind, or is it actually enjoyable?

    -Suntan
  4. #29  

    Default

    There is a bit of a storyline, but not much. So far I've been playing it without making any IAPs (paying money to make it easier feels too much like cheating to me) and I've completed 17 missions, so its been doable so far but I have had to attempt some of the missions quite a few times just to get enough in game money to buy a new gun to enable me to actually complete the mission. Anyway, its still fun and worth more than the $0.99 they were charging, so just download it and give it a go.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  5. #30  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    its not really my type of game but for an android game it really sucks u in. im loving Osmos HD right now
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    I'm finding some of the levels tough... there's just so many zombies! lol
  7. #32  
    Mac.World's Avatar
    ΣΛΤ ΜΣ

    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 4.2.1

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    Quote Originally Posted by crester View Post
    I'm finding some of the levels tough... there's just so many zombies! lol
    You really need to play this game with a PS3 controller. Makes a huge difference.
  8. #33  
    EndlessDissent's Avatar

    Posts
    174 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    Have they fixed the controls yet? Last time I played, I would spontaneously turn 90 or 180 degrees (the amount seemed random) while I was shooting at a hoard of zombies. Then, since the look joystick wasn't a continuous look (there was a limit to the amount you could turn), I had to constantly make a bunch of tiny, frantic swipes to face back toward the zombies, by which time, I was already being eaten. It made the game no fun, and it's the sole reason I haven't reinstalled Dead Trigger. It happened on both my TF300 and S3, so it was definitely an app problem, not a device problem.

    Plus, like other posters, I found that I had to do too many levels over because I couldn't afford the proper gun. I know they're trying to promote IAPs, but can't they let us earn more money faster without spending money?
    Illmusiq likes this.
  9. #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessDissent View Post
    Have they fixed the controls yet? Last time I played, I would spontaneously turn 90 or 180 degrees (the amount seemed random) while I was shooting at a hoard of zombies. Then, since the look joystick wasn't a continuous look (there was a limit to the amount you could turn), I had to constantly make a bunch of tiny, frantic swipes to face back toward the zombies, by which time, I was already being eaten. It made the game no fun, and it's the sole reason I haven't reinstalled Dead Trigger. It happened on both my TF300 and S3, so it was definitely an app problem, not a device problem.

    Plus, like other posters, I found that I had to do too many levels over because I couldn't afford the proper gun. I know they're trying to promote IAPs, but can't they let us earn more money faster without spending money?
    Yes they fixed the rotation thing and it's only a buck to get like 3 guns that's all I've ever spent besides paying for the actual game and I'm doing pretty good doing the offers for free gold helps a lot also

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  10. #35  

    Default

    Very good game

    iTz Young Amazed
  11. #36  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    2,121 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,123 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default

    How do I play this game with a ps3 remote without rooting?I know they have that mhl adapter thing I saw in a video but is that the only way? As I don't have the cable.
  12. #37  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    How do I play this game with a ps3 remote without rooting?I know they have that mhl adapter thing I saw in a video but is that the only way? As I don't have the cable.
    I don't think there's a way without rooting and the mhl adapter is only for hdmi out

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  13. #38  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    2,121 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,123 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default

    Yeah. I'm crazy. I meant a USB otg cable. Lol. But I didn't think so. Eventually I will root. Might check best buy for one of those cables though. Thanks
  14. #39  
    vzwty's Avatar

    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

    Default

    You can played with a wired Xbox or ps3 controller without root

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  15. #40  
    Mac.World's Avatar
    ΣΛΤ ΜΣ

    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 4.2.1

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    Quote Originally Posted by xICEMANx View Post
    You can played with a wired Xbox or ps3 controller without root

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly. This is one of the few games that has the gamepad feature built in. I think Riptide GP and GTAIII are the other two?

    I rooted my phone, use the sixaxis app and can play just about any game out there that utilize virtual gamepads. It is very simple to use the app and map out the gamepad to make individual profiles for each game. Add in the MHL adaptor and now you have a complete game console you can take anywhere and play on a big screen. Mass Effect, NOVA 3 and Modern Combat are awesome now! Hated using onscreen controls.
  16. #41  
    nikguy's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid android rom

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    Quote Originally Posted by xICEMANx View Post
    Playing it on my nexus 7 with an Xbox controller. Try it with a controller, its a lot more fun

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Is it just plug and play or did you need to do some other things?
  17. #42  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    gettin my hdmi adaptor 2moz so should be good playin it on tv

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    They should port this to the Vita with multiplayer and trophies

    Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
  19. #44  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    whats vita?
    multiplayer would be amazing!!

    ive never played a multiplayer game on a phone.. any recomendations of a game thats easy to pick up (not like a warcraft thing) but more advanced than like "draw with friends" lol?

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    whats vita?
    multiplayer would be amazing!!

    ive never played a multiplayer game on a phone.. any recomendations of a game thats easy to pick up (not like a warcraft thing) but more advanced than like "draw with friends" lol?

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Vita's a new model of the PlayStation Portable.

    I recommend Shadowgun beta

    Sent from my HTC One X
    Thanked by:
    Uncle Louie likes this.
  21. #46  
    Uncle Louie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,026 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    Vita's a new model of the PlayStation Portable.

    I recommend Shadowgun beta

    Sent from my HTC One X
    I do too... Great game.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    Vita's a new model of the PlayStation Portable.

    I recommend Shadowgun beta

    Sent from my HTC One X
    Vita is an entirely new handheld from Sony, not a redesigned PSP.

    Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Thanked by:
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    Tried it like it..but took it off because I didnt play it enough

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
  24. #49  

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    Vita is an entirely new handheld from Sony, not a redesigned PSP.

    Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Oops, my bad.

    Thanks for correcting!

    Sent from my HTC One X
    funkylogik likes this.
  25. #50  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Dead Trigger

    shadowgun beta an android multiplayer?

    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions