General Ringtones/ Alarm noises.

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys... I've had a hard time figuring out how to get ringtones to work on my S3. I've had this puppy for a couple weeks now, and I've found that none of the pre-installed ringtones are what I want. I don't notice little droplets of rain or whatever when my phone is ringing in my pocket. I just want a basic ringer, like a standard phone, and that would be great! I can't for the life of me figure out how to use any non-standard ringtone on this phone. Any help?

I would also like to change the pre-installed alarm to a normal alarm noise rather than all the nature crap for the same reasoning as my ringer. I don't notice the alarm going off with noises they have. Is there any way to change this to a beeping alarm noise or something?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Try the Zedge or Audiko apps. You'll have more choices than you know what to do with. The Audiko app is not available in the Play store though. You need to download it from the Audiko website.

Reactions: Zulu Warrior

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Try the Zedge or Audiko apps. You'll have more choices than you know what to do with. The Audiko app is not available in the Play store though. You need to download it from the Audiko website.

Thank you very much! That helped a ton, and now I know how to set just the standard tone to anything I want too. I don't know why that was so hard to figure out, but now I've got lots of fun tones. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3, please excuse my brevity.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much! That helped a ton, and now I know how to set just the standard tone to anything I want too. I don't know why that was so hard to figure out, but now I've got lots of fun tones. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3, please excuse my brevity.
Glad to be of assistance! I actually change my ringtones and notifications quite a bit. Also I use SMS Popup so I have different notifications for different contacts. Lots of sounds on my GS3! :D

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Why is that a problem? The beauty of Android is that it is almost completely customizable.

exactly.. an android comes with stuff on it but u dont have to use it. u can change nearly everything.. launcher, txt messanger, dialer, browser etc + use whatever u want as a ring tone. i like to use a song but use an mp3 cutter app to make it start at a good bit like the chorus or whatever :)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
You guys should of saved all the ringtones, notification and alarm sounds from various Android builds and phone models of past and you'd have quite a collection :D. Orion from ICS (I believe) is the BEST ringtone for me! :) I also miss Mabilo....they had the BEST ringtones! Zedge has only really good notification tones as far as I'm concerned.

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
@zulu what does "brevity" mean? :)

By saying please excuse my brevity, I'm apologizing for if my post seems short. From a phone keyboard, I usually only type small amounts, so I have that message for if I come across short or uncaring.

As for Zedge, I've been using it a ton now. Getting lots of great backgrounds, notifications, everything. It's great! Thanks again.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
You can also drop any sound files you want into your Ringtones and Notifications folders on your phone. They magically become available along with the stock sounds. I've made a bunch from movies and such and dropped them on there. Now whenever I get an email, Monty Python's French Taunter yells, "Helloooooo. Who eez eet?"

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You can also drop any sound files you want into your Ringtones and Notifications folders on your phone. They magically become available along with the stock sounds. I've made a bunch from movies and such and dropped them on there. Now whenever I get an email, Monty Python's French Taunter yells, "Helloooooo. Who eez eet?"

everyone with an android should learn their way around a file explorer, its so easy + makes u understand the phone better. i really like Es File Explorer

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
everyone with an android should learn their way around a file explorer, its so easy + makes u understand the phone better. i really like Es File Explorer

Agreed.

With my Captivate, I used Root Explorer and loved it. I'm not planning on rooting my SGS III, so I've been using the stock file explorer (My Files). It seems to do everything I want it to. I also use WiFi File Explorer Pro for copying files between my Mac and phone, and it's flawless.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah i doubt il root unless a) samsung delay jellybean realy badly, b) they totaly mess jb up with touchwiz or c) i get bored once my guarantee expires lol :) the main reason i rooted phones in the past was to get latest firmware, overclock the phone and get rid of bloatware coz i was runnin low on internal memory so i dont really see the need with the s3 yet :)

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
yeah i doubt il root unless a) samsung delay jellybean realy badly, b) they totaly mess jb up with touchwiz or c) i get bored once my guarantee expires lol :) the main reason i rooted phones in the past was to get latest firmware, overclock the phone and get rid of bloatware coz i was runnin low on internal memory so i dont really see the need with the s3 yet :)

The reason I rooted my last phone was for one reason: Swype. You can't install the good beta if there is another "official" version on the phone. The Captivate came with a really old version. So I actually had to root the phone just to delete the old Swype so I could install the new one. I was literally dancing with joy when I found out the SGS III didn't come with Swype preloaded. I knew I could rock the latest versions without rooting.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol its crazy havin apps like swype as system apps eh. i understand them wantin to keep their money making bloat on phones but stuff like keyboards should be uninstallable without root

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

LOL, great.

My text notification is the Jetsons' doorbell sound.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc