Jelly Bean soon.....

kenrico

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
If they did , would be double punch to competition - which they are already one up on.

It would also break the cycle of "promise first, deliver sloooooow' . Transform, epic ect when 1st shipped from samsung all had updates promised 'very soon' when released & only got updated much later & only after 'samsunggate' community uproar.

Even some of the tmobile samsung phones , heard samsung was deciding if they were really going to update to ics - they had promised major os update if within 18 monthes of phone release- but on these have heard no, yes and maybe a abridged ics update of interface but not the whole sandwich.

I think they will update to jb on the s3 sooner rather than later, but again have heard the same promise on almost every phone released

Kenny

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't entirely Google's choice. Adobe threw in the towel with ICS, choosing to give up on mobile Flash and make ICS the last officially supported version of Android for Flash. A stupid move IMO, since current mobile devices finally have the horsepower to deal with the lack of optimizations that lead Adobe to quit it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

its a big shame but i suppose, the vast majority of androids are runnin GB + a lot of people are waitin for ICS. people with JB are gona be a tiny minority + KLP will probably be released before the rest of the phones catch up. how easy is it gona be to install flash on JB? will it require root?

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
No, download will be limited in the Play Store to certain models. You will be able to sideload it, but from what I've read Flash and JB do not seem to get along well. I'm not looking forward to losing this incredible advantage over the I*.

I downloaded the apk and firebox beta on my nexus 7 and it works perfectly. I'm sure this will work fine when we get jelly bean on the s3 as well

Dunbar42

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
so what exactly does Jelly Bean bring to the table? The biggest os upgrade I have seen was when android went to froyo from its previous os.

Project Butter
Better notifications
Google Now

Who knows if the last one will be available on the S3 with Touchwiz.

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
if I'm not mistaken, like 90% of the web still uses flash.

Maybe if you count banner ads that use flash, otherwise no way - not even close. I'd rather have flash than not have it, but let's face it - it's a legacy technology that is rapidly disappearing. A year from now and you won't miss it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Maybe if you count banner ads that use flash, otherwise no way - not even close. I'd rather have flash than not have it, but let's face it - it's a legacy technology that is rapidly disappearing. A year from now and you won't miss it.

a year is a long time lol. id rather have it there :)

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
so what exactly does Jelly Bean bring to the table? The biggest os upgrade I have seen was when android went to froyo from its previous os.

IMO most importantly no more "Android-lag" which makes it a hugely important update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
IMO most importantly no more "Android-lag" which makes it a hugely important update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

yeah i think its quite a major update even though its only a ".1" bet theyv got some amazing stuff lined up for Key Lime Pie :)

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon. I will be happy if it shows up by the end of the year.

The rumours that the international versions get jb first before the U.S. versions

July is gone but hopefully the ota will start showing up in August for the international versions

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I don't want to revert back to the days of when I had my blackberry where I couldn't watch movies, convert videos from YouTube into mp3 files, or stream tv shows.

yeah, u can use Tubemate app to convert Youtube vids to mp3. its been taken off play store but if u search tubemate.apk on 4shared.com ;) hopefuly as the guy with the gnex said, flash will still work fine on jb :)