Help, Help, and more Help

The Duck

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Ok Ok.... it sounds like the beatles. I haven't posted in a very long time. And now I'm desperate.
Let me start by saying that I started my smartphone collection with a Palm treo 600 to a 650 to a 750p to a pre, then to my last phone was the first evo. Loved the evo in the beginning until I ran out of internal memory and became too slow yada yada yada..... Now I have the Samsung with the 32gb. Yeah. For the most part I love this phone. Although chompsms no longer does a popup on top of the lock screen(unless I'm doing something wrong). But handcent corrected this issue. And I'm not understanding the inability to move apps to "external sd card". Looks like a ics design. Perhaps for a copyright protection..... But that doesn't matter with 32gb for me. My music goes elsewhere.
However, I need help. Perhaps step by step. I use excel files on my phone for billing. Editing and emailing. My last phone had the capability to have a recent documents folder on the home screen. Not sure if that was Android 2.3 or HTC sense. But the old evo had it.
Now the Samsung doesn't. I've searched and searched. I even have simi folders. Tried doing a shortcut. But can't figure how to paste the recent document folder for the location. Or is there a good file management app for ics? Help.

thanks, don........ quack

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hey sorry i cant help with ur main issue but the thread title drew me in lol :) ur right that s3 wont read apps from external sd though but hey u have 32g :) hope someone can help u with the documents thing. all i can suggest is a different launcher but i really have no experience with documents and stuff

The Duck

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I've thought of a different launcher due to touchwiz. However, for a recent documents folder, there must be a simpler answer. Anybody in the AC have a solution?
thanks d

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how to get a widget/shortcut to a recent documents folder, but I use Office Suite Pro and as soon as it opens there is a recent documents...

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I believe Folder Organizer lets you create a recent docs folder widget.

Sfrrr

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
ES File Explorer is free and let's you put a shortcut to pretty much anything on the home screen. It places the shortcut on one of the homescreens by default, can't recall which one so if you don't see the shortcut look at the other screens and you will find it, then simply move it.

It also has a boatload of other features like creating and uncompressing archives, FTP server built in so your phone can be an FTP server, and a ton of other stuff.

Rev.

The Duck

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks sfrrr and Rev2010 for the suggestions. Regarding the shortcut paths, I might need a complete name. And that's where I got stuck before. But I will check these apps out. Thanks again.
Don:)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ES File Explorer is free and let's you put a shortcut to pretty much anything on the home screen. It places the shortcut on one of the homescreens by default, can't recall which one so if you don't see the shortcut look at the other screens and you will find it, then simply move it.

It also has a boatload of other features like creating and uncompressing archives, FTP server built in so your phone can be an FTP server, and a ton of other stuff.

Rev.

cool i use ES but didnt know u could make shortcuts. v nice tip man cheers :)