Definitive answer needed on partitioning on SG3

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've done my duty and studiously searched other threads and google with no definitive answer - only opinions or overexplained answers leading to confusion. Here goes:

QUESTION:
Does the US version of the SG3 use partitioning for apps and data?
If so, what is the breakdown for 16g and 32g phones? Is it different?
While I'd use Sprint, I don't think that matters.
(ie, you get this much room for apps and related data; you get the rest of the internal "card" for your own stuff)

PREEMPTIVE list:
I don't need opinions on "why does it matter" and storage size. I just want the answer so I can apply it to my needs to help decide if I'm buying. I know you cannot move apps 2 sd without exceptional methods, so I want to know the breakdown. I don't need opinions on what I could "just do" with the stuff. I know enough about how to manage data on Android. I just need to know about this phone as sold in the U.S. specifically.
I've seen plenty of opinions and answers that were actually wrong. When I see someone ask the question directly, no one can give and answer.

Thanks.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
No partitioning. It's all one giant partition for both apps and your "stuff." So minus the OS and camera roll, you can fill up the rest of the space with apps if you want.

Kryptonal

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the Canadian Version which I dont think is any different than the US variant. I had the One X for a while an it was split around 2.2 GB for Apps and the rest for "the rest". On my S3 however doesn't appear to be split at all and is in fact one big partition that can be used for whatever.