02-28-2013 01:03 AM
37 12
tools
    After a couple of days, I was re-trained to go for the power button on the side. I do however occasionally hit the volume buttons by accident if I'm holding the phone with one hand and trying to hit the power button.
    07-24-2012 08:50 PM
    The placement of the buttons were fine on my smaller Captivate, but on the larger SGS III, they're really hard for me to get used to. I carry my phone when I run (GPS/Endomondo), and I can't carry it in my right hand. I usually swap hands every so often. When I hold it in my right hand, I keep pressing all the buttons. Seems to work fine in my left.

For me, the volume rocker really gets in the way if I want to set the phone down to take a picture. I try to set it on its side for stability, then the picture starts zooming in and out because I'm putting pressure on the volume rocker.
    07-24-2012 09:15 PM
    You are NOT alone. I hate it with a passion. I dreamed about a galaxy III or Note II but now, I don't think so. I had an HTC Rezound and it was better in my opinion. I never had any issue with the power button OR volume button, the camera seems better and it's definitely louder than my Nexus.

How can anyone like that placement? If I try to take a picture, guess what, off goes the phone. Try to look at something landscape, guess what?

Whew I feel better...
    11-19-2012 04:32 PM
    I agree with the OP. It's too easy to activate these buttons by mistake, such as when taking the phone in/out of your pocket, putting it in a dock etc.

It wouldn't be so bad if the buttons were recessed slightly they protrude too far.

Thanks to the 2 posters for the tip re the Volume Locker app!
    11-20-2012 12:55 AM
    Stop whining like little babies... you will get used to the button placement.
    crester likes this.
    11-20-2012 03:24 PM
    Ehhhh, u get used to it...sometimes I mistakenly press the power button when I am trying to volume, but I usually just feel to see which button is the power or volume...not a big bother
    11-20-2012 03:32 PM
    I have yet to hit the buttons on accident. I love where the power button is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    11-20-2012 03:40 PM
    I hate it as well. I had an HTC Rezound before and never had any issues with power or volume. Everytime I try to use the camera on my Nexus, especially in a landscape way, I hit the power button and shut the phone off. It sucks. I really can't believe this design and how people glow over this phone. I thought I wanted the Galaxy III but now I think not.
    02-27-2013 03:24 PM
    If Samsung do care about customer input, the new S4 should have the power at the top. But considering that Galaxy S series phones are very popular, I don't think Samsung give a sh*&^t about this design.
    02-27-2013 05:15 PM
    If Samsung do care about customer input, the new S4 should have the power at the top. But considering that Galaxy S series phones are very popular, I don't think Samsung give a sh*&^t about this design.
    No.... leave the power button where it is. There's nothing wrong with it.
    02-27-2013 07:37 PM
    Also dislike having the volume and power buttons directly opposite each other. I've found the app RingGuard to be helpful.
    02-27-2013 10:50 PM
    I came from a Droid X but the button placement on the S3 doesn't really bother me.
    crester likes this.
    02-28-2013 01:03 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD