Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By funkylogik
  • 1 Post By judge34411
  • 1 Post By Rackness
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default Anyone have tips for using GS3 with car stereo?

One of my few disappointments about my GS3 is that it sucks at serving as a music source for my car stereo. Neither bluetooth or USB works well with my MINI Cooper head unit. Have any of you discovered tricks or apps that help our phones connect?

Default Re: Anyone have tips for using GS3 with car stereo?

I have no idea what the mini cooper head unit looks like. I just use the aux input of my stereo connected to my dock (I bought the Infuse 4G dock which fits the GSIII).

No issues here. What's the problem with bluetooth or USB?

Already lot's of links if you search. Here is one.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...nnect-car.html

And I am having issues as well, drives me nuts. Phone works perfectly but the music part keeps getting lost. An I would have to reset it up every time. The only thing that works for me at the moment. I use the player on the GIII and it plays through the car system.

Yep, I use the aux input and it works perfectly.

I have an aftermarket Sony head unit. The bluetooth pairs up real easily. If you can swap your stereo out, do it. It makes hands free better than ever!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Mine works great with my Pioneer head unit. No issues at all with BT. I won't read it as a USB device though which would be nice.

Can you give me any idea what model Song and Pioneer units you guys are using? I'm looking to upgrade my stereo but I want to make sure I get one that will play nice with the S3.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

*wants a Mini Cooper*
    dmmattix likes this.

Carrier
    Back to Stock TW

Quote Originally Posted by blacter View Post
    One of my few disappointments about my GS3 is that it sucks at serving as a music source for my car stereo. Neither bluetooth or USB works well with my MINI Cooper head unit. Have any of you discovered tricks or apps that help our phones connect?
    A friend used to have a Mini, unfortunately they are VERY iPhone specific. On the iPhone there is a specific app that integrates the iPhone into the stereo and it's very cool what it can do. Sadly Mini's official response to an Android app is basically 'fragmentation': Excuses

Your best bet is using the Aux input and maybe BT sync for phone. Sadly this is one case where having an iPhone is the better choice.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

does the mini get sold in US?

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    does the mini get sold in US?
    yep, although here in the states they're 4 times larger and they remove all expensive suspension components to better fit American driving styles and prevent unexpected cornering.

No really they're the same, just with more health and safety stickers and a steering wheel on the other side.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

lmao i kinda believed the 1st bit there nice one man

Quote Originally Posted by BullFrog76 View Post
    I have an aftermarket Sony head unit. The bluetooth pairs up real easily. If you can swap your stereo out, do it. It makes hands free better than ever!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Swapping out should not have to be an option. The phone should work with the unit that my car came with. An it is disgraceful that it does not. Other phones (including the Iphone) worked flawless with my cars system.

Very disappointing with the SIII and the music side of it with my car. The phone side works well. The darn thing will even start playing music for no reason even when I am not selected to the phone (I cannot hear it but its playing).

This and the Wi-Fi issue drive me crazy.

Such a shame because I love the screen on this phone. Actually I love most things on it. But those 2 things grrrrrrr.
    wannagetsavvy likes this.

AUX works fine in my Nissan and Bluetooth works even better in my Ford.

Sent from my rooted/stock Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

I use A2DP with my Acura. works great. The steering wheel controls let me advance and replay songs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I can play podcasts with beyondpod BMW to SGS3 but the car display shows the last Google Play track (through playing the podcast) rather than the podcast information, via bluetooth.

When I select the device and hit play I'm never sure which app will start playing but I haven't tracked it enough to get the complaints down into words, but with a little bit of hassle it all mostly works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I cannot comment on the mini but I drive a 2012 VW and the bluetooth works like a charm. My car only came with an iphone cord and I can purchase a micro usb cord but I never needed to. I prefer to use the bluetooth and have access to my phone for gps usage etc. Instead of having it tucked away in the center console.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Gothic_Coop likes this.

I have a JVC head unit I paid 100 for at Best Buy that has BT and all works great with my s3

Global Posts
    904 Global Posts
    Carrier
    JellyWiz Release 11

I have that issue too but I have an aftermarket bluetooth head unit. Fortunately it has a button on the front of it to turn on and off bluetooth do i just toggle that when I get in the car and it connects my phone. I dunno if its possible to turn the bluetooth on and off in your mini, but if so, that should get it to connect quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    I have no idea what the mini cooper head unit looks like. I just use the aux input of my stereo connected to my dock (I bought the Infuse 4G dock which fits the GSIII).

No issues here. What's the problem with bluetooth or USB?

Aux does not work if you have a call come in. Call is routed to stereo speakers, but use phone mic. If you are connected to a BT headset it won't work.

I bought a Tunelink BT unit for my car. It is BT to the Tunelink, which connects to the aux port. It also provides charging via USB. Works a a very good substitute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BT thru my Toyota Tundra works perfect for music and phone.

I use Music Player, Pandora and Google play music.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I just bought a Scosche BlueFusion GM kit for my Chevy SSR and it works great!

It plugs into the factory radio XM port on the back of the Delco radio. It allows all calls and streaming of all music. It also integrates voice dialing which, on the S3 uses S-Voice so there is so much that can be done with it.

The steering wheel controls are used as well.
    They sell for $199-249 but can be found for cheap on EBay. I got a opened package special for $25 & free ship!!!!

Apple's opening court statement...
    "It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

Galaxy is great. BUT, no sound thru the mini speaker system. What to do?