Hangs up EVERYTIME I answer from belt pouch

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm really furious right now. It seems every single time I get a call while my phone is in my belt holster and I take it out to answer a call it hangs up immediately on the caller. I had similar instances but very rarely with my DROID 2. Does anyone know if this is fixable with some kind of setting or is this a humongous bug???

Rev.

Kyle L

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked at the settings and disabled the turn over function? There is a function that ignores a call when the phone is turned upside down...this might be a reason if you may be tipping the phone over accidentally. Turn that function off then test it...otherwise I have not heard this problem in any forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have all motion settings turned off and tested it just now anyway, unfortunately that's not it. I tested calling myself from my home phone a bunch of times and had no problems answering. So it apparently isn't happening all the time like I'd thought. Only thing I can think of at this point in time is I must be grabbing it in the answer slider area and somehow sliding to not answer the call. So it may just be user error, still as annoying as hell because with the phones size there little option in the way I take it out of the belt case. Oh well, I'll try doing it however differently as possible and report back.

Rev.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
in the call settings make sure you don't have "press the power key ends calls" checked. you may be hitting the power button and hanging up.

MavsFan747

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue, however, not from a belt pouch. I think it depends on who the call is from. This happens to me with only one person (who owns an iphone 4s). If I call them, their phone hangs up immediately and vice versa. We also both have the same cell provider so I have no clue what this could be.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
strange one man.

on a semi-off topic note.. is there any simple way to change the "answer" function? (say a simple pattern or slide up/down, etc) or is it built deep into android?
i dont like it. i find it too easy to answer or reject.

@Rev, it couldnt be anything to do with prox' sensor? (total stab in the dark)

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12