Can someone check....

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I recently rooted and installed a no bloat version.

But can someone check their stock email (not gmail) app for me? I could've sworn it was black text on white background and had an option to not confirm on delete (when using the checkboxes...not when viewing a single email).

I'm wondering if I have the wrong version since it's white text in black and it asks me to confirm every time I delete a mail.

Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Weird...is it a Verizon thing? (checked with another Verizon owner and theirs is white background).

I'd much rather have the white background, but I can live with the black background, I suppose.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to see if I can find the VZW apk to install. I don't suppose one of you are rooted that could grab it for me out of the system\apps folder?

Another strange difference with the VZW version and other versions.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Verizon may have modified it to improve battery life. AMOLED displays use less power when displaying a lot of black.

Well, in that case, Verizon's would be worse (since it has a white background). I'm just more curious what causes it to be white, since it's not the .apk, so they must have something else baked in to modify the app.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If you have power saving on it will give you a black background with white text on a single email view. The Main Inbox folder however is still white background with black text. So this does not help you I know, but it might give you some ideas on where to look.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1