Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dizzymisslizzy1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "enter to send" for text messaging?

Any way to change the settings so that when I'm sending a text message (using the deffault messaging app) I can press the enter key on the keyboard to send?

Right now hitting enter key simply creates a new line, and I have to hit the "Send message" key to actually deliver the message? Which is a bit of a PITA.

WhatApp has a setting to toggle this on or off.

Any info would be great!

Thanks everyone.

Default Re: "enter to send" for text messaging?

I think if you hold the ctrl button down when you hit [enter] key, it'll work.

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

hey MX5_Toronto, any luck finding a solution? i'm coming from a BB where enter was send. i feel the pain as well..

i've been searching google, but haven't found anything. it looks like Android used to be "enter to send" but then they switched it to "return." it would be great if there was an option to choose either.

If you find hitting the send button a pain in the arse, then I foresee some bigger challenges facing you later in life! Seriously, just press send!
    If it's really too much effort, use GoSms pro as you can turn the feature on.
    Personally I prefer enter doing its actual job of making a new line, and often you send messages unfinished by mistake.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    dnhclark likes this.

As far as I can tell your only options are to install a third party messenger app like GO SMS or Handcent.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dizzymisslizzy1 View Post
    If you find hitting the send button a pain in the arse, then I foresee some bigger challenges facing you later in life! Seriously, just press send!
    Personally I prefer enter doing its actual job of making a new line, and often you send messages unfinished by mistake.

thanks for the warm welcome. (i just joined yesterday) =P

you hit the nail on the head, it's a PERSONAL PREFERENCE. you just said so yourself that you prefer enter to make a new line. so if it were programmed the other way around, you would be complaining.

chill out.

you could just download a different keyboard for this, i use smart keyboard pro. it has this option and many more options to change things the way you want them. and can change skins on it as well.

+1

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by thepervster View Post
    you could just download a different keyboard for this, i use smart keyboard pro. it has this option and many more options to change things the way you want them. and can change skins on it as well.
    +1 smart keyboard does it automaticly, if youre in an sms, it will show GO, in an email or site like this, it will give the return key for a new paragraph. never stick to stock keyboard when theres so many alternatives

Is there any way at all it gets annoying some times

If you find people that are looking for solutions to better/ease their lives to be pain in the arse, then I foresee some bigger challenges facing you later in life.

Anyway.........as far as I know, this issue still hasn't been resolved.

It really is cumbersome especially if you're using a tablet with a keyboard dock (yes, I know this thread is for S3). Since these keyboards don't have a separate "Send" button, everytime you type a message you need to touch the send button on your screen. LOL what a joke!! (and severe PITA )

Please, if anyone knows how to get around this issue, share the love.

If you find people that are looking for solutions to better/ease their lives to be pain in the arse, then I foresee some bigger challenges facing you later in life.

Anyway.........as far as I know, this issue still hasn't been resolved.

It really is cumbersome especially if you're using a tablet with a keyboard dock (yes, I know this thread is for S3). Since these keyboards don't have a separate "Send" button, everytime you type a message you need to touch the send button on your screen. LOL what a joke!! (and severe PITA )

when using a bluetooth keyboard to text msg, TAB to the desired function (like SEND) (It will Highlight, I hope) and hit Enter. I know, easy huh? Don't be embarassed, since I also had to search for an answer. Too simple for us smart folks!

Uncle Ken
    Gardnermall.com - Anything you need delivered right to your door

How do u do it using gosms because I've tried nd it dosent wrk.