Face unlock?

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Who uses this and how does it affect battery life? I like it but haven't used it a lot

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

akapone

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Used it for about 2 weeks and noticed no significant affect on battery life, ended up turning it off because when it doesn't recognize your face the time delay to unlock the phone was too long. Plus I could only get it to recognize me 60 percent of the time, when it worked it was awesome but couldn't deal with it when it didn't.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been using it for the last 24 hours. I have not noticed an appreciable battery drain, but I gave up on it as it was counter intuitive to me. Too many years of swiping to unlock.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I just set up my security last night. So far so good. When I'm wearing my shades, it obviously doesn't recognize my face. I'm curious in knowing if it will give my sister access since her face is very similar to mine. So far though, its ok but I will most likely stop using because its too time consuming when it doesn't recognize me.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I used it for like the first 3 weeks I had it. I loved it. Recognized me in most situations. Even in bad lighting. My brother like just like me. It still didn't unlock for him. When I had my beats on or glasses it still recognized me. The key to getting it to work right is to make sure the picture you take for it to compare to us in perfect lighting. Not too bright. Not to dark.

The only reason I'm not using it now is because I'm using go locker which doesn't work with face unlock.

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I use it on my Nexus 7. I had it on the GS3 but I like the ability for voice activation to open apps like the camera, music,etc. Can't do that with face unlock.

thelioncentral

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using it recently. I too am curious about it's impact on battery drain. I've noticed though, the trick is to train it properly. Every time it can't recognize you, go in Settings, and click "Improve Face Unlock" and have it capture your face again. I've done that a couple time and now it unlocks my face 99% of the time, even if I wear shades, a tuque, beard, no beard, etc.

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I used it until my daughter used a picture of me from her phone to unlock it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt while my S3 is charging.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It only uses battery for the seconds that you are trying to unlock, so you shouldn't notice the battery use.

I used it once. To gimmicky for me.

But in the end, this is what I felt. It often wouldn't work for me in the office due to background lighting.
Too bad.

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
No kidding? I might have to check it out again. I haven't tried it since I bought it. Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis