Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default email

I have a personal email set up on the phone. The last 2 days, I have noticed I am not recieving many emails. I missed 12 emails yesterday. I have also noticed when I do have emails, I touch the email to read, and it disapears. I called U.S Cellular and talked to a rep who had me do a factory reset. I got it up and running and hung up, my phone said I had email, I went to the email, they all downloaded, then went away. Any ideas what is going on?

Check to make sure your email isn't set to delete them from the server once downloaded.

You might be syncing to the server, downloading the email (which deletes them from the server), then when you sync again, there's nothing on the server so they disappear.

Just a thought.
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

Default Re: email

Do you have another computer running that's checking the emails? If you have it set up for POP, it deletes the email from the server when it downloads. That's why you might see a notification for it or the header, but then the message disappears. It could be your home computer downloading and deleting the message before you can read it on the phone. If this is possible, check that computer and you'll probably have all your emails in that inbox.

Is it possible to leave the emails on the server with POP?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I would delete the cache within the app in the manager apps tab in settings. If this does not help then I would delete the email and set it up from scratch. If that fails reboot then hard reset.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Lakota22 View Post
    Is it possible to leave the emails on the server with POP?
    On the phone: definitely. There is a setting in there that asks you if you want to delete or keep messages on the server when you download. When I used POP, I could read messages and they'd stay on the server. Then when I'd check email on the computer, it would delete them from the server as they downloaded, so they'd disappear from the phone (that's my preferred workflow).

On the computer: probably. There should be a similar setting that asks you if you want to delete the messages from the server on download. It may differ for various domain email setups or your email client...but I believe you probably have that option in your settings.